Northern California Hiking Community

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Marmaduke

Re: Northern California Hiking Community

by Marmaduke » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Day Hiker wrote:Oh, the kid's sporting events with mandatory attendance. I can see those in my future. I suspect they're kind of hard to miss.

Right now, DayHikerJr is only 3, so when I go away, all I miss are days full of Spider-Man toys being thrown at the cat.

Yea, there is nothing better than watching my kids play sports and excel at them. Some don't realize, because they don't have kids or even a wife for that matter, that the family comes first.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:58 pm

Fletch wrote:Aside from all of the earlier flirtations going on, did anyone notice this pic?

:idea: Does the name Darija ring a bell??? Hmmm... wonder what ever happened to... hmmm... :| ... hmmm...

She is active, doing some high-endurance hikes (really)... and learning that there is a lot to life outside the internet.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Neophiteat48 wrote:Some don't realize, because they don't have kids or even a wife for that matter, that the family comes first.

I guess that explains why I have never seen a married person, much less a father, anywhere near the Sierra.
Oh wait, aren't the folks heading out to Balloon Dome married? I think one of them even has a kid.

Fletch wrote:Aside from all of the earlier flirtations going on, did anyone notice this pic?

:idea: Does the name Darija ring a bell??? Hmmm... wonder what ever happened to... hmmm... :| ... hmmm...

Isn't that the chick who pitched a fit and whined to the elves to delete the 'Females in Climbing' thread?

TheOrglingLlama

by TheOrglingLlama » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Bob Burd wrote:If anyone wants to join Matthew and I for a visit to Balloon Dome on Friday, you're most welcome to join. Email snwbord@hotmail.com for details. We're not taking ropes, just looking to do the class 3 route on the south/southeast side. 20-22miles, 6,000ft of gain. Ought to be able to see the top of the gonola on Mammoth Mtn from the summit, among other vistas.

Are there any Llama farms nearby ??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbwkkXGmFrI[/youtube]

:mrgreen:

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:09 pm

MoapaPk wrote:

She is active, doing some high-endurance hikes (really)... and learning that there is a lot to life outside the internet.

Yes, she's doing just fine.

Note my awesome Photoshop job on her last name in the summit log! :D I originally posted it unedited and then said "oops."
Day Hiker wrote:Image

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:51 am

Day Hiker wrote:Note my awesome Photoshop job on her last name in the summit log! :D I originally posted it unedited and then said "oops."
Day Hiker wrote:Image

You photoshopped a name away? Why?

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:20 am

Some times when (you perceive that) a gauntlet is thrown down, you don't have to stoop to pick it up.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:00 am

mrchad9 wrote:You photoshopped a name away? Why?

Well, bro, because I would prefer to lessen the chances of the young lady being stalked. Bob Burd already uses his last name on this website; Darija does not. Also, women are probably 100 times more likely to be stalked -- especially if they have had "controversial" forum posts here in the past.

So I don't think I'm being overly cautious; I'm being sensible. And I'm being respectful.

If Darija tells me she is cool with posting the original version, I will revert back to the original.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:27 am

Well, champ, it is not a secret. It is listed in dozens of registers all over the Sierra, on the SC website (along with at least a half dozen other ladies full names, and many of their home towns, phone numbers, email addresses, and in some cases street addresses). And not sure why you didn't erase the other seven or so folks last names from the photo if you really thought it was an issue.

Information is out there, a photo of a register doesn't change that. There are also 100s of women on this website that use their full names in their IDs, and none have ever been stalked. But perhaps I wouldn't characterize it as being overly cautious, rather providing a completely false sense of caution. It is absolutely a non issue.

And... I don't think that thread was even "controversial". Not in a way that would provoke the kind of activity you are suggesting.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:33 am

mrchad9 wrote:Well, champ, it is not a secret. It is listed in dozens of registers all over the Sierra, on the SC website (along with at least a half dozen other ladies full names, and many of their home towns, phone numbers, email addresses, and in some cases street addresses). And not sure why you didn't erase the other seven or so folks last names from the photo if you really thought it was an issue.

Information is out there, a photo of a register doesn't change that. There are also 100s of women on this website that use their full names in their IDs, and none have ever been stalked. But perhaps I wouldn't characterize it as being overly cautious, rather providing a completely false sense of caution. It is absolutely a non issue.

And... I don't think that thread was even "controversial". Not in a way that would provoke the kind of activity you are suggesting.

You asked and I answered. That's all. It was never really that big of a deal.

PreviousNext

Return to California