Objections to the POTD system as it is right now

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Alberto Rampini

Re: Objections to the POTD system as it is right now

by Alberto Rampini » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Gangolf Haub wrote: Have a selection of the 5 best photos up there and display them randomly.
Just a thought. Back to my cave ...

This one is another possible and reasonable solution! I agree with both the proposal: that one from Rob-RGG (to reduce the penalties) and this latter from Gangolf: the five best photos of the day - that is those with the highest score, obviously eliminating the penalties - are displayed on the Front page...

The following user would like to thank Alberto Rampini for this post
alpinbeta

alpinbeta

by alpinbeta » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:49 pm

EricChu wrote: What I miss though in this whole discussion is the keeping in mind that we are not only creating and keeping up-to-date this site for our own private community, but for the general public. This should be the main reason for doing everything that is possible to keep up the quality and the vitality on SP and not let it go to sleep. Eric

I totally agree: quality of the contents of the SP front page, included the pictures, is essential

Silvia Mazzani wrote:Since about a month ago POTD are no longer attacked to the POTD album. An automatic attachment will be great!

Yes, an automatic function might solve the problem of memorizing all the POTD on the site, but I hope that Afzal re-start attacking the POTD to his POTD album

Gangolf Haub wrote:One could actally come up with something similar to what we are doing with photo of the moment. Have a selection of the 5 best photos up there and display them randomly

An excellent idea!

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:38 pm

alpinbeta wrote:I hope that Afzal re-start attacking the POTD to his POTD album

Afzal has never struck me as the kind of person to attack photo of the day/week. :wink:

ZeeJay
Forum Moderator

by ZeeJay » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:40 pm

EricChu wrote:why not introduce also "Mountain Page of the Week" and "Area Page of the Week" or just simply "Page of the Week"?

Eric, your idea is so good that it is already there! It is not called exactly "Page of the Week", but essentially, that is what "Featured Pages" on the left side of the home page are.

I really, really, really like Gangolf's idea of instead of having just one potd, have a few and have them rotate randomly.

EricChu

by EricChu » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:21 am

I really, really, really like Gangolf's idea of instead of having just one potd, have a few and have them rotate randomly.

Oh yes, fantastic... :roll:

I give up...don't count me as a racer for POTD...When I feel like posting, I just post, from now on. That's all. My interest in POTD is hencefurthermore nil.

Previous

Return to Site Feedback