Odd request

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
RyanS

Odd request

by RyanS » Sat May 08, 2010 2:08 am

Hello SPers -- I have an odd, and probably fruitless, request but it's worth a shot. Some of you may have noticed that I let my website lapse late last year. I hadn't been updating it, and I decided it was time to pull the plug. I discovered this week that I hadn't conducted a backup in a timely fashion, and I've lost a trip report to the ether. I checked archive.org, and it looks like they stopped taking snapshots of my site in 2006. Google's cache only looks back three months.

If any of you happened to have saved a copy of my Lake Park Peak/Tarryall Peak trip report (formerly hosted at http://ryananderin.org/11ers/11.25.07_tarryall.html) to your hard drive, you'd be my hero!

mattpayne11

by mattpayne11 » Sat May 08, 2010 4:00 am

Ryan - I wish I did - I really liked your site and had even sent you an email asking if you wanted to contribute on my new site. Unfortunately I did not save any of your TR's!

phlipdascrip

by phlipdascrip » Sat May 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Did you google yet for phrases or sentences you remember writing? Maybe you're lucky enough that someone copied your report over to some other website.

RyanS

by RyanS » Tue May 11, 2010 3:12 am

Thanks, guys! Phil, yeah, I tried that approach, but thank you!

SpiderSavage

by SpiderSavage » Tue May 11, 2010 5:30 am

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.ryananderin.org

This doesn't show 2007. Google up "Internet Archive" or Wayback Machine. and you may find an archive that has it. If you get it up copy the code and pictures into a file.

Put your stuff up on a free web site service.

SarahThompson

by SarahThompson » Tue May 11, 2010 4:27 pm

I, for one, miss your site Ryan. I guess you and Erin have gotten out of the peakbagging game or have just been too busy?

RyanS

by RyanS » Wed May 12, 2010 1:45 am

SarahThompson wrote:I, for one, miss your site Ryan. I guess you and Erin have gotten out of the peakbagging game or have just been too busy?

I still love the high country, but I couldn't seem to find the time to write TRs. Finishing up grad school, working two jobs, our first house.... Lots of life happening! We did pick up 20+ new 13ers last year (highlight was John Kirk leading us up Dallas Pk). We've kept busy in the early months of this year on low peaks (30 new ones for us so far). Erin's pregnant, so we're about to be *very* busy! :)

How've you been, Sarah? I saw you and Dominic tied the knot last year -- a belated congratulations!

Brent D

by Brent D » Wed May 12, 2010 9:04 pm

Don't have any other good info about your page Ryan, but I just wanted to say congrats to you two! Awesome news! :D

Return to Colorado