Old Ice Axe F.Ralling

A forum for members looking to buy and sell gear from and to each other.
no avatar
jkclnrite

Old Ice Axe F.Ralling

by jkclnrite » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:05 pm

I have a old Ice axe or climbing pick, it says F Ralling Hammerwek Fulpmes,kaukasus patent Sport hummel Innsbruck does any one know what it is worth it belonged to a ww2 vet.Seen one on google images ts in a museum and ts dated 1894 I can up load some pics for who ever may be interested it also has leather protecting both sides
Last edited by jkclnrite on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reboyles

Re: Old Ice Axe F.Ralling

by reboyles » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:25 pm

I too have a 1930 F Ralling "Himalaya Pickel Modell Kuno Rainier" ice axe that was found stashed in a house that was being remodeled. I searched the web and found one that sold on Ebay in Europe for about $175.00. The only other one I found was in an alpine museum. A dealer of antique climbing equipment tried to tell me he had cases of them and that they were only worth $75-$100 but I didn't buy that line for a minute. I'm sure he would have given me $75 for it and then turn around and list it for a lot more. I sold my beat up 1972 Chouinard piolet for $250 so I certainly feel that something that is 40 years older should be worth more given how rare they are. As for selling most anything, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. :-)

Bob

The following user would like to thank reboyles for this post
jkclnrite

no avatar
jkclnrite

by jkclnrite » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Thank you for your reply but it does not have any of the markings as yours the only one that mathces mne is one n a museum in Denver CO from 1894, Mine says #Kaukasus Sport Hummel Innsvruck Hammerwerk Fulpmes

no avatar
SpriteSir

by SpriteSir » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:06 pm

jkclnrite wrote:Thank you for your reply but it does not have any of the markings as yours the only one that mathces mne is one n a museum in Denver CO from 1894, Mine says #Kaukasus Sport Hummel Innsvruck Hammerwerk Fulpmes

Hello Jklclnrite, i got exactly the same ice axe. Where did you find the info with the one from 1894? Could you post pictures/link?

all the best

Return to Classifieds