Partner for San Juans

Find climbing partners in Colorado
no avatar
atodor

Partner for San Juans

by atodor » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:28 am

I am looking for backpacking partner(s) for Ruby Basin in the San Juans on Labor Day weekend, hopefully also summitting Mt. Eolus.
I am quite an experienced and fast hiker, but I am mostly concerned with proper camping in the wilderness with potential thunderstorms.
I will be flying to Denver, then driving to Durango, then taking the train to Needleton. In addition I plan to do other hikes in the area (e. g. Ice Lakes basin, Rocky Mountains National Park)

JayJohnson

Re: Partner for San Juans

by JayJohnson » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:46 am

My husband is heading to Colorado to hike Wetterhorn on September 9 & 10 and he is looking for someone to hike with him. If interested, feel free to contact him at (573)822-7939. His name is Jay Johnson and he has hiked 24 14ers and is looking to add Wetterhorn to his list.

Kiefer

Re: Partner for San Juans

by Kiefer » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:21 pm

JayJohnson wrote:My husband is heading to Colorado to hike Wetterhorn on September 9 & 10 and he is looking for someone to hike with him. If interested, feel free to contact him at (573)822-7939. His name is Jay Johnson and he has hiked 24 14ers and is looking to add Wetterhorn to his list.

Damn. Wish I would have seen this sooner. I would have reached out to him. I love Wetterhorn. Great mountain!

Return to US - Colorado