Patchwork sunburns

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
NW

Patchwork sunburns

by NW » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:13 pm

I thought I'ld share my patchwork sunburn with the forum and see who else has had some prize sun tan/burns from climbing/hiking. We did Katahdin Saturday and even though I wore sunscreen I have some weird tan patterns now. I couldn't reach my back so my arms and shoulders are tanned but back shoulders burnt. Apparently I didn't put sunscreen on the backs of my hands and they are burnt, also my ears. I managed to forget my legs so I have a burn from below my knees to where my socks started, it's of course worse in the back. And I don't know why but there's a white streak across the front of one leg which makes it look like I have the divers down flag across my leg. So yep I have a prize tan. My husband didn't fair so bad except that his face is quite tanned now and where his balaclava was on his forehead, you guessed it, white. But fortunately for him it's not that noticeable. I'm sure I'm not the only person to come out of a hike or mountain climb with a weird sun scorched skin pattern. Let's hear some more.

Return to General