Pico da Nablina, Brazil

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
bc44caesar

Pico da Nablina, Brazil

by bc44caesar » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:06 am

I came across some information about this peak on the web, but most of it was from guiding companies. Anybody know anything about it? Sounds like a pretty cool adventure...I'm just curious. :)

cp0915

by cp0915 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:45 pm

I must admit, despite the pain-in-the-butt aspect of getting there, you're selling me on it! I wish I was going to Brazil. A true adventure, this mountain seems.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:07 pm

I haven't climbed it, but have been in the area. It rains and rains and rains and rains........

I have been interested in thatpeak and Auyan, but there's so many places to go so little time.

Anyway, Neblina used to have an SP page. I wonder what happened to it? :?:

bc44caesar

by bc44caesar » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:26 am

hehe, I hear a SP International Gathering in the works Scott :D

I read an article about this guy, Phil Buck, who climbed all the highpoints of the Americas. Sounded pretty crazy, especially the Suriname highpoint! He got some flesh-eating disease on his second attempt that involved bushwhacking countless miles through the jungle.

Anyways, I don't know what it is, but Neblina sounds like the kind of trip that would suck while you were there but totally worth it afterwards. My kind of trip! I think I may have to do it some day.

mikael arnemann

by mikael arnemann » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:05 am

Neblina is in my plans too, but it is too expansive. I live in Southern region of Brazil, and it's easy for me to go to the Andes as to Neblina.

There is another problem: the peak is in a National Park, which is closed. Nobody knows when the park will be reopened. :cry:

Return to South America