Camp Muir, 10 June 2017. Looking for partners for a day hike

Find climbing partners in the Pacific Northwest.
no avatar
rommelsharma

Camp Muir, 10 June 2017. Looking for partners for a day hike

by rommelsharma » Wed May 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi All,

Me and a friend of mine are planning for a day hike to Camp Muir and back on 10th June 2017 (a single day trip).

We are looking for partner(s) so that we can hike with some experienced climbers. It would be great if you have done Camp Muir before or have done some other peaks of similar heights or more.

--- adding more info about us ---

We are men in around 40s. My hiking experience has mostly been restricted to non-snowy mountains. I have trekked in the mountain belt of the following cities in India - Ooty (10 k mountain run last year), Sikkim (Yumthang valley trek), Kashmir (snow clad at an area called Gulmarg) India. Elevation has been from 8000 to 12000 feet for treks.

My friend accompanying me has a better trekking experience and also has ridden bikes to quite some snowy and mountainous regions.

Feel free to ask me anything that would help in partnering with us for day hike to Camp Muir. We plan to be there an evening before.

All travel advice, sharing of your Rainier experience is welcome.

no avatar
teds

Re: Camp Muir, 10 June 2017. Looking for partners for a day

by teds » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:06 pm

How'd the hike go?

no avatar
rommelsharma

Re: Camp Muir, 10 June 2017. Looking for partners for a day

by rommelsharma » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Thrilling and very satisfying. The forecast predicted low visibility and snow and there was heavy snow indeed and whiteouts. It slowed my pace. Overall a great experience. Fabulous!

Return to US - Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)