Marmot Long Hauler Duffel Bag Review

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
Mandragora

Marmot Long Hauler Duffel Bag Review

by Mandragora » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:42 am

One of the most used pieces of gear I own is an exceptional duffle bag from Marmot. I have used this duffle bag on multiple occasions and for various reasons. First and foremost, the Marmot Long Hauler Duffel Bag, at home, is used as a storage for various pieces of mountaineering equipment and gear. I have also used it for transporting my mountaineering equipment from location A to location B, via car, airplane or train. Of course, it can also be used for other purposes too, such as a gym bag.

Marmot built the Long Hauler Duffel Bag tough so you can play it hard on your expeditions. Haul this burly bag up mountainsides, down rivers, and on the sketchiest airplanes you can find—the Long Hauler can take it all. Its laminated shell protects your gear from moisture while the ballistic reinforcements keep wear-and-tear to a minimum. This duffel also features a removable shoulder strap that converts to carry handles, multiple internal pockets for total organization, haul loops, compression straps, and a zippered end pocket for smaller items like your phone, wallet, and snacks.

Nothing beats Marmot’s Long Hauler Duffle Bag transworld hauling capabilities of this ultradurable duffle. Detachable, adjustable carrying handles double as shoulder straps. Water-shedding fabric and design plus integrated lash points and haul loops for roof-rack travel.

In the photo above, in the main compartment there are the following items

Sierra Designs Flash 3 tent
Sierra Designs Lightning 2 tent
Hilleberg Akto tent
Cumulus Panyam 600 sleeping bag
Sleeping Bag 5 C
Hammock
Rock Empire Crampons
Grivel G 12 Crampons

As you can notice, there is plenty of space and this bag can fit loads of gear and mountaineering equipment.

You can read more here: https://olympusmountaineering.wordpress ... ag-review/

Return to Gear