Sequoia-Kings Canyon, Large Group Dining

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
no avatar
skhanna

Sequoia-Kings Canyon, Large Group Dining

by skhanna » Mon May 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Our Boy Scout Troop is looking for a location to have a celebratory dinner after 6 days on the trail in July. I called the Peaks Restaurant but they said they won't be able to support a group of 30. They put me on to the Wuksachi Lodge Event Coordinator who can book a conference room which they use for Weddings etc, with options for a Buffet or a set Menu.

I'm looking for suggestions on other location who could support a large group dinner? Ideally it has a noteworthy meal ie: Bison Burger & view or ambience.

Regards,

Stewart

Scott M.

Re: Sequoia-Kings Canyon, Large Group Dining

by Scott M. » Tue May 08, 2018 1:10 am

You are not very specific about your exit point after hiking in order to help make a recommendation. Sequoia Kings Canyon is a big place with exits to the east and west.

Tom Kenney

by Tom Kenney » Tue May 08, 2018 2:41 am

+1 for Wuksachi. Excellent food, dining room has a spectacular view, has a good menu with standards and some surprises.

no avatar
skhanna

by skhanna » Tue May 08, 2018 3:47 am

Scott M. wrote:You are not very specific about your exit point after hiking in order to help make a recommendation. Sequoia Kings Canyon is a big place with exits to the east and west.

Ah, good point! We’ll be exiting two locations Rae Loop and Marvin Pass for 3 Hiking Patrols. Heading to Lodgepole for showers.

Groups size would be 30 if that helps.

Return to California