Sold

A forum for members looking to buy and sell gear from and to each other.
Fletch

Sold

by Fletch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:30 pm

Sold
Last edited by Fletch on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

96avs01

Re: Mountain Hardwear Annapurna Tent - $150

by 96avs01 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:52 pm

If I didn't already own one, I'd snatch this up in a heartbeat. Love this tent, as have all that've spent a night in mine. Great balance of functionality and weight.

If memory serves correct, this tent is a streamlined/ultralight Trango 2, and preceded the EV2.

ExcitableBoy

Re: Mountain Hardwear Annapurna Tent - $150

by ExcitableBoy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:48 pm

This was my tent, which I sold to Fletch. The Annapurna was built for one of Ed Veistures attempts on Annapurna before the EV2 (Ed Veistures 2) single wall tent was designed and produced. It is the same design as the Trango 2, but made of techy materials that bring the weight down to just a smidge under 7 pounds.

Having spent many, many nights in Trango 2s, I can attest that the floor plan is excellent for two people on extended trips and the 2.5+ pounds of weight savings over the Trango is very welcome. This, in my opinion, is one of the best Alaskan base camp tents available. Proven design with the bonus of significant weight savings.

I used this tent twice, once on a shakedown winter climb of Mt. Stuart's Stuart Glacier Couloir and on a 10 day trip on Denali. I sold it along with all of my other cold weather/expedition gear after coming to the conclusion that I could either continue to go on expeditions or stay married. I chose to stay married.

At $150.00 this is a great deal.

The following user would like to thank ExcitableBoy for this post
96avs01, Fletch

Return to Classifieds