Mt. Whitney 6/18/19 MR: possible extra permit spot

Find climbing partners in California
Jayess72

Mt. Whitney 6/18/19 MR: possible extra permit spot

by Jayess72 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Guys & gals,
I have a permit for four to climb on 6/18/19 via the Mountaineer's Route. One of our team may have to back out at the last minute due to work issues. Does anyone here have the ability to climb on spur-of-the-moment notice?

A little bit about the trip: Our itinerary is to arrive to pickup permits Monday (17th) morning and camp Monday night at Whitney Portal Campground (have reservations already); early start Tue and get to high camp at Iceberg Lake; alpine start Wed for hopeful summit bid; return to high camp and pack up in order to descend to low camp somewhere in vicinity of Lower Boyscout Lake; exit on Thu. Hopefully reasonable and fun. Snow anyone???

A little about the team: I'm a 46yo male with previous mountaineering experience including Rainier, Hood, Shuksan, Adams, etc. I'm a former EMT (now just a WFR) with Technical Rescue credentials in cave and mountain rescue. I climb ice and rock recreationally. The other team members (my girlfriend and my sister) have some (Granite Peak plus some rock climbing) and almost none (introductory snow/ice travel and self-arrest class) experience respectively.

I'm requiring someone with at least moderate mountaineering experience (preferably a high level). Experience with the MR goes to front of the line. Sorry, no nubes. Two are enough. I'm not a guide, I don't get paid for this. Ha! I realize this is a tall order but there are a LOT of climbers in CA and I hear permits are a scarce commodity. Looking for laid-back, safety-conscious climbers. We have kids and are all flatlanders so we won't be setting any speed records. If this sounds like you, message me here or directly at jstilber at gmail dot com.

Thanks and hoping to meet some new friends!

ZeeJay
Forum Moderator

Re: Mt. Whitney 6/18/19 MR: possible extra permit spot

by ZeeJay » Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 am

Bump

Jayess72

Re: Mt. Whitney 6/18/19 MR: possible extra permit spot

by Jayess72 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:22 am

?

Return to US - California