Does anyone still use this?

Find climbing partners in Utah.
mickeyCs

Does anyone still use this?

by mickeyCs » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:55 am

Hey, I am not quite sure where to look for a partner (just posted on mp too), but I am trying to meet some people in the slc area who are stoked on peak bagging. I am not the most experienced with getting on higher peaks during winter/spring conditions, but I am eager to learn. I have microspikes and an ice ax that I have used a fair amount, but am going to invest in more gear.

I have a great background:
-when in climbing shape, comfortable leading 5.8 trad/5.10 sport
-comfortable on exposed class 3 rock
-thousands of miles of backpacking/hiking experience (mostly summer conditions)
-(~32/58) colorado's 14ers, so no issues with altitude
-long distance runner (4:30 mile, 34:00 10k back in the day) so I am capable of (and like) long days in the mountains with several thousand ft gained

I have been recovering from some injuries (pulley tendon stuff, medial nerve entrapment, torn ligament in my ankle), so no technical climbing for another month or so (doesn't really matter because of covid-19 anyway). But in the meantime my ankle is good to go and I have done lots of hikes in the foothills, Frary Peak, Castle Peak and the Dome (Stansbury Island), Black Mountain, Mt. Olympus, and Grandeur Peak in the last month or so.

I moved here recently and am looking to bag pretty much every peak in the area and slowly start technical climbing again in the summer. I get off work anywhere from 1:30-3:00pm on weekdays and have every other friday off so let's get it :O

Iain
385-2four5-4324

Scott
Forum Moderator

Re: Does anyone still use this?

by Scott » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:23 pm

Not as many people post on the forum anymore, but they are still there.

I live in Grand Junction, but wouldn't mind meeting somewhere in Utah to climb.

Return to US - Utah