Finding partner for Aconcagua Dec-Jan 2020-21

Find climbing partners in South America.
no avatar
pkhairnar6

Finding partner for Aconcagua Dec-Jan 2020-21

by pkhairnar6 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi y'all,

Looking for a partner(s) for Aconcagua in Dec/Jan 2020-21. Want to do the Normal route with a standard acclimatization itinerary. Dates aren't set in stone since I am still looking to assemble a team but looking for experienced mountaineers/backpackers with altitude experience.

My own experience is Kilimanjaro, Mt Shasta, Orizaba successful summits. Mt Baker, Izta (twice) unsuccessful attempts. I'm an avid hiker, have a very strong mindset and very good physical endurance. I am very experienced with getting logistics in place for trips internationally, what I lack is big mountain experience (if someone can bring that to the plate, that would be great).

Open to acclimatizing elsewhere in South America or Argentina if the team is up for it, for an accelerated climbing schedule. Please message me if interested. Want to put a plan together as flights are cheap cause of COVID.

Dereksimms

Re: Finding partner for Aconcagua Dec-Jan 2020-21

by Dereksimms » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:44 am

Hi there, pkhairnar6. I'm interested in this route. I tried to put it together with some friends, but they all dropped out. I have the necessary experience for this route: I summited Denali via the West Buttress unguided with a partner I found in this very forum in 2019. I've also summited Rainier via the Disappointment Cleaver route, as well as Mt. Hood, all unguided. I have extensive experience on rock as well, having summited The Nose of El Cap and the Regular NW Face of Half Dome, to name a few well-known routes. Let me know if you think I'd make a good fit. Maybe we can get on a phone call together and chat. Thanks!

The following user would like to thank Dereksimms for this post
pkhairnar6

no avatar
pkhairnar6

by pkhairnar6 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:08 pm

Hey Derek, you got it all man! Lets speak on phone. My cell is 404-429-0156 and my email is pratikkhairnar54@gmail.com

no avatar
Zoma

by Zoma » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:41 pm

Hi all, I am also interested in this route. However, FYI--

If you're traveling from the US, there is a travel advisory in place for Argentina. Technically it ends 9/1, but it's unclear what restrictions will remain through the end of the year (for example, 14-day quarantine upon arrival).

I'm in the same boat as you--had some plans putting a team together for a 2020/2021 climb before it fell apart due to COVID. Would love to stay in touch about building a team if it is possible, but I would advise to watch the travel advisory carefully and avoid booking tickets too early.

Return to South America