How was Your weekend?

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Guyzo

Re: How was Your weekend?

by Guyzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:36 pm

Carbo....any access problems at Woodson?? Last I herd it was going to be paved over with new homes.

Deb...it's great to have you back home with us, thank you for your service.

Carbo

by Carbo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:03 pm

Guyso, no same access as before. But I did notice a few houses on the NE slope that I didn't recall seeing before. Where did you get the bad news from?

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:15 am

Guyzo-

When are you heading out to Kern River area again?
"All you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be."
~ David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

mfox79

by mfox79 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:44 am

I got chased out of the city of rocks by snow fall and incoming electric storms. climbed some easy trad down at derkies lake for the day instead. I hope the weather was better for everyone else this weekend.

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:48 pm

I was the "Race Director" at 2 different tracks last weekend. I was on my feet for 12 hrs, Sat and Sun, nobody needed to go to the hospital, and none of the racers who I DQed have sent me any death threats so I figure the weekend was a success.

Dave, I don't know. All of my normal climbing partners are on the IR or they have "domestic duties"......I am still having problems walking more than a mile or so. What is Sequoia like now? Still lots of snow? Any Falcon closures this year? The Kern is starting to get hot and with the big water year, climbing at Valhalla and at the Limestone is likley to be wet and hot. The upper spots are still blocked by snow.....The Needles will still be closed intill early june I bet. Are you up for something???

myles

by myles » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:56 pm

Got outside for the first time in a while due to work and family illness, but had no partner.

Went for a long walk/scramble in Pilot Mountain (NC state park) wearing the old big boots in preparation for a trip three weeks away.

Really shook out the cobwebs -- cold, cloudy, windy, with a threat of snow, believe it or not.

Fun day out.

ksolem

by ksolem » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:01 pm

I had an awesome weekend. And you can scratch me OFF the IR. After 6 months of therapy following the shoulder rebuild, the first lead, a Josh 5.7 called Mental Physics felt a bit foreign. But the shoulder feels great. And by Sunday I was back in my element, but taking it easy and being cautious. Gotta say, I love climbing.

keema

by keema » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:03 am

Hilsyde Angler, a new aquantance Kevin, and I biked in to Mississippi Lake on Sunday of the Coe Backcountry Weekend for a little bass fishing. The weather wasn't conducive to good fishing, but was great for just being out. We were the only ones I know of who caught anything and that was 3 each. Kevin took a header about 3/4 mile from the car and messed up the bike pretty good. Carried it the rest of the way. But he was all right. Wear your helmets folks, it saved his noodle.

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Tue May 03, 2005 10:35 pm

Went and climed "White Punks on Dope" with, Rob and Jason. The lower road is now open and the base of Voodo Dome is snow free. The climb is the same as allways - pretty darn good.

ksolem

by ksolem » Tue May 03, 2005 11:22 pm

Life is good (again, after being on injured reserve for 8 months.) Went up to Suicide Rock with <a href=http://www.summitpost.org/mountains/user_link.pl/user_id/20673>Uberbabs</a>
and climbed some routes, ran into some buddies and just had a great time.

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Thu May 19, 2005 12:52 pm

1 April 2005 - <a href=//www.summitpost.org/mountains/summit_log_query.pl?object_id=870&sort_by=submission_date#138748>Peñalara.</a>

9 April 2005 - <a href=//www.summitpost.org/mountains/summit_log_query.pl?object_id=1058&sort_by=submission_date>Torozo</a>

15 April 2005 - We attempted Maliciosa Baja starting at Collado de Quebrantaherraduras, Madrid. But a storm made it impossible for us. We'll try it again, the mountain will always be there...

23 April 2005 - We climbed Serrota starting at approx. 1.590 m, near a little reservoir above Cepeda de la Mora, Avila.

30 April 2005 - My brother Juan, her wife Astrid, their 1 year-old daughter Astrid, my friend Aurelio, her wife Blanca, their 1 year-old son Diego, Nadie and me ascended Morezón from Plataforma de Gredos, Avila.

7 May 2005 - Nadie and me climbed Bola del Mundo and Valdemartín starting at Puerto de Cotos, Madrid. The ascent was along Loma del Noruego and we descended on the ski tracks of Valdesquí and the road to Cotos.

14 May 2005 - After having lunch with my family in a restaurant near San Esteban del Valle, Avila, I ascended La Rubia with Nadie. My car was left on Puerto del Pico.

15 May 2005 - We started near the little reservoir above Cepeda de la Mora and climbed Pico Moro.

Cy Kaicener

by Cy Kaicener » Thu May 19, 2005 1:24 pm

Seven of us started on the Cactus to Clouds trail from Palm Springs to the top of San Jacinto - 10,400 ft of elevation gain , and three made it all the way. The other four climbed to Long Valley at 8,400 ft.

Cy Kaicener

by Cy Kaicener » Thu May 19, 2005 3:17 pm

Diego - Did I read that right - 1 year old Astrid and 1 year old Diego ascended Morezon. It sounds like we will have some world class climbers soon. Its good to start young.

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Fri May 20, 2005 12:49 am

Well, you read right but I put it bad, both were carried by their parents

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:52 pm

Ronnie, Bo and myself went out to Moro and did East Face (5.7 A2). Nothing like yarding up mank!! Based on the age of the bolts, those look like the original bolts put up in '59 by George Session himself!! Sounds like an ASCA project (all the button head were sticking out at least 1/4" to 1/2" (slung all of them with nut cables). The second pitch wasn't so bad but the homemade hangers were dangerously thin (thin plated aluminum). The topo is inaccurate on the second pitch as far as bolts go and a few features. We were the subject of trundlers. Damn, I was pissed!! We yelled up at the tourons and told them they would be reported if they didn't stop! Anyway, Ronnie took some photos. Hopefully I'll see them soon and forward them on for submission to the site. Ronnie took some shots of me jugging back up over the roof to free our twisted ropes we tried to pull after our rap back down.... : P Scary cah-cah jugging on a rope that drapes over a sharp edge of a roof!!
"All you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be."
~ David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

PreviousNext

Return to General