Ojos del Salado Transport

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
Ario

Re: Ojos del Salado Transport

by Ario » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:27 pm

Hallo,
I haven't been to Ojos del Salado but a freind of mien who has been there told me he had paid 200$ (year 2000 and off season / May) Zosimo Maravi, Peruvian Tour, calle Infante No. 530 Copiapo, FONO : 52-216-309 y tambien 52-230-602, CELULAR : 09-447-7748, FAX : 52-217-604 y email : copaoro@tnet.cl to take their team of 2 from Copiapo to Laguna Santa Rosa (?) and the day after, from there to Laguna Verde / Refugio Atacama. Note: my freind is of Chiliean origins and is fluent in spanish. He is not sure the price and/or the address is still valid but you can at least try...
Good luck for both organizing and the climb,
Ario

Ario

by Ario » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:33 am

entschuldigen,
that was all I had. I also looked for it in the Internet as well as on Chili white (name of the contact) and yellow pages (name of the company) and no entries...
Last chance: dailing the numbers. I'm still in South America, can give it a try ! If they still operate, I'll post the recent data ;-)

Corax

by Corax » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:08 pm

I can't help you much about transport on the Chilean side.
Just wanted to let you know I'm on my way to the Ojos area right now on the Argentinian side. I have other targets than Ojos, but may climb it a second time, when in the region anyway.
I'll be at the foot of Ojos in 4-5 days, so if you have any plans to head over to the other side of the border to Cazadero, Nacimiento, El Muerte or the Tres Cruces peaks, I may see you there. Easy to spot people in the open terrain there.

May see you around!

JC.

Ario

by Ario » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:34 pm

:( pity it didn't work.
Good luck in your South American project and keep us posted. I personally have interest as far as OdS.
Hasta luego,
Ario

Return to South America