Who's in is Bolivia in august

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
innuksuk

Who's in is Bolivia in august

by innuksuk » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:21 pm

I'll be there attempting P. alpamayo, H. Potosi, Illimani and if time and weather allow, Sajama.
Getting ground based services from Alberth Bolivia (thanks Myzantrope). Juan, the owner, is even collecting me at the airport for free at 3am. Basically about an order of magnitude cheaper than the big companies, and it'll be me, a guide in training (mainly for route finding purposes) and a cook. all stuff provided, at about 190-215$ (if you are a alone, per peak).

If anyone is thinking on scrimping on money but not on service then contact juan at www.hikingbolivia.com

Just want to know who will be there cause if one or two join with me then it works out even cheaper and lighter seeing that we haul shared weight together. I am landing in la paz on Aug 4th and will meet with Juan (and anybody else who's interested) at his office and sort payment, arrangements and dates from there.
Only thing I know are my flights and the fact that ther services are ready for teh dates I want Aug 4-19.

So, who is going to be there, and who can get there and wants to have everything pretty much sorted for half-nothin??

cheers

col

PS. best to reply via email directly to colm.odwyer[at]tyndall[dot]ie

Andino

by Andino » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:55 pm

Hi Innuk,,

I wish I could be your partner ;o)
Anyway it is true that Juan gives a discount if you are several climbers. He did it for us.
I'm sure you will be happy about their service.

Is Efrain your cook ?
Is Porfirio your guide ?

It seems that Marcelo Medeiros is asking about guiding services for Bolivia... maybe he's available :wink:

Return to South America