GOKYO PEAK, Khumbu region, NEPAL

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
EwaPaduch

GOKYO PEAK, Khumbu region, NEPAL

by EwaPaduch » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:04 pm

Has anybody been there? I am going there in October 2007 and I'd like to know how difficult it is ,and if there is somethig we should know about this mountainous track :?: :)

tommi

by tommi » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:24 pm

I would say its not difficult, not very technical. Dont have fear about going there, i think you go there with a group?
Look at the Gokyo Page here, its very good, and what do you like to know, something special about the routes or wich gear you need?
One important thing you should know when you are in the Himalaya, take care and walk slowly, take time.
http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock ... -peak.html

EwaPaduch

by EwaPaduch » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Thanks, I am going there with my collegue, we know that there are no so many tourists, but this is one of the most beautiful area, much more beautiful than Annapurna region. From Gokyo we can see four the highest peaks:) We are planing our trekking for about ten days, I hope this is enough for good acclimatization:)

TorstenW

by TorstenW » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:37 pm

Ewa, adding a few more days would be a good idea.

EwaPaduch

by EwaPaduch » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:51 pm

vancouver islander

Re: GOKYO PEAK, Khumbu region, NEPAL

by vancouver islander » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:27 pm

EwaPaduch wrote:Has anybody been there? I am going there in October 2007 and I'd like to know how difficult it is ,and if there is somethig we should know about this mountainous track :?: :)

See this trip report

klwagar

by klwagar » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:25 am

It's not hard - it is basically a walk along well trodden paths - it is the altitude and cold that makes it feel difficult. At Goyko if you have time - continue to Cho Oyo base camp - fabulous views. Kala Pattar and Goyko Ri are basically well trodden trails as well but you are gaining altitude which makes it again feel difficult. As above just go slow and you'll be fine. It is an incredible view and worth being among lots of other people also enjoying the feeling of being in the presence of those incredible mountains. There are lots of side trips you can do that gets you away from others easily enough.

everests

when in Oct........

by everests » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:38 am

hay
i am from Nepal and I am a trekking & Mountaineering guide in Nepal. if you need any help call me 303-990-2344. I am also going to nepal in Oct 22nd.
My e-mail:everestpemba@yahoo.com if your need any help in Nepal let me know...

Namaste

dmiki

by dmiki » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:13 am

EwaPaduch wrote:this is one of the most beautiful area

True.

EwaPaduch wrote:much more beautiful than Annapurna region

Er, I would argue with this :) Hiking up to ABC for example is very rewarding.

EwaPaduch wrote:We are planing our trekking for about ten days, I hope this is enough for good acclimatization:)

From Lukla? Ten days one way (OK, you would even have some extra time for side trips) or round trip (I would allow a bit more time)?

Return to Asia