What will they think of next?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Moni

What will they think of next?

by Moni » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:57 pm

brown town

by brown town » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:13 pm

hey! whose hand is on my..

schmid_th

by schmid_th » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:40 am

Unbelievable! I would prefer an unknown summit before I would meet those people at the summit!

Some years ago in a german comedy show they flew a kiosk near Matterhorn summit and joshed Reinhold Messner who leaded a guest the Matterhorn Hörnli ridge - maybe such a kiosk will become reality soon... :cry:

But then we would meet at the summits which are unknown for those who are craving for recognition.

Moni

by Moni » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Lolli,
I looked to see if this had been posted but didn't see it. Sorry.

no avatar
Claude Mauguier

by Claude Mauguier » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:51 pm

"..Si vous voyez un banquier suisse sauter par la fenêtre, c'est qu'il y a sûrement quelque chose à gagner... (Voltaire)
Roughly translated : if you see a Swiss banker jump out of a window, there is some money to make for sure.
One might replace "banker" by "jacuzzi owner/organizer" or whatever silly job around.
Stupid white men.....

reinhard2

by reinhard2 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:47 pm

These Jaccuzzi people may easily be called childish and not serious, but ...
  • Can not every mountaineering be called silly and childish by people who don't understand? What's the use of making long and dangerous trips to high peaks, exhausting oneself just for descending the whole thing half an hour later? And after all, "serious" alpinism has been involved in the Jaccuzzi event. I respect this nightly and professional ascent, especially since every piece of the party has been carried by the participants themselves.
  • Surely people doing such things are not serious, and this is good! ... I mean, such people will hardly get into a position where they wage war for profit, calling the death of innocents "collateral damage"; they will most probably not napalm children, throw Fat Men on hundreds of thousands of people they have never seen, jail people without trial and torture them in the interest of homeland security, shoot student or monks just because they demonstrate for freedom, or double the number of prison inmates from 1 to 2 Million between 1992 and 2000, or whatever atrocity the serious people seem so seamlessly to accommodate to and find justifications for.

So what is the problem with these Jaccuzzis?

Cheers
Reinhard

Andino

by Andino » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:24 am

It's a shame to take all this rubbish equipment on top of Mont-Blanc !
And think about the energy wasted to warm the water up :x

cbcbd

by cbcbd » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:28 pm

reinhard2 wrote:These Jaccuzzi people may easily be called childish and not serious, but ...
  • Can not every mountaineering be called silly and childish by people who don't understand? What's the use of making long and dangerous trips to high peaks, exhausting oneself just for descending the whole thing half an hour later? And after all, "serious" alpinism has been involved in the Jaccuzzi event. I respect this nightly and professional ascent, especially since every piece of the party has been carried by the participants themselves.
So what is the problem with these Jaccuzzis?

Cheers
Reinhard

I agree. People just have to chill out.

Would I be pissed if I got to the summit and found a jacuzzi there? YES, of course... they didn't invite me!!! 8)

Myzantrope wrote:It's a shame to take all this rubbish equipment on top of Mont-Blanc !
And think about the energy wasted to warm the water up :x

They carried in and carried out. This is event doesn't seem like it happens all the time. They look like locals who did this on a local mountain - probably using a lot less energy and leaving less of a carbon footprint than many of us who will travel far distances on airplanes just to walk about some mountains.

reinhard2

by reinhard2 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:14 pm

cbcbd ... who are you?? your profile is empty - please don't hide!!

cbcbd

by cbcbd » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:39 pm

reinhard2 wrote:cbcbd ... who are you?? your profile is empty - please don't hide!!

Better? :D

reinhard2

by reinhard2 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:06 am

cbcbd wrote:
reinhard2 wrote:cbcbd ... who are you?? your profile is empty - please don't hide!!

Better? :D

Yes, much better already, thank you.
However, I still have some problems pronouncing your name.
And I think, albeit forum poster is beyond doubt an interesting occupation, it is - like e.g. nurse - probably not one to make much money with.

Return to Europe