Guiding companies in NZ

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Oceania and the Pacific Islands. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Oceania Climbing Partners section.
radson

Guiding companies in NZ

by radson » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:07 am

Due to our plunging dollar I have suspended a return to Aconcagua and decided to do some climbing in NZ instead. I emailed 4 NZ guiding companies requesting a package of 1 week technical instruction and then a climb of Cook or Tasman with my partner.

In alphabetical order

Adventure Consultants
Alpine Guides
Alpine Recreation
Aspiring Guides

They all returned wonderful personalized emails with a lot of though as to our previous experience and skills and all offered great ideas. I just feel bad that I will have to pick one over the others.

What's my point? Just to say, great customer service from NZ guiding companies. I have previously climbed with Alpine Guides and Aspiring Guides and was very impressed. Also impressed with Victor Saunders, who I met this year on Everest. He was the leader of the highly successful Adventure Consultants team. I e-malied Alpine Recreation as I believe their recently deceased director was personal guide to the NZ PM.

Damien Gildea

by Damien Gildea » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Yeh, but they talk funny.

:x

radson

by radson » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:58 pm

Damien Gildea wrote:Yeh, but they talk funny.

:x

true..very, very true

Damien Gildea

by Damien Gildea » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:37 pm

I think you mean:
"true, eh"

With a rising intonation on the 'eh' to imply uncertainty of self, fear of causing offence, and a desire for validation by those deemed superior ... particularly those living to the west of both islands.

I used to laugh at the cruel rumours of their alleged bestiality, but having now visited the place and seen their women, I'm much more understanding ...

:lol:

Return to Oceania and Pacific Islands