Missing Trekker, en route to Everest Base camp, please help!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
rickford

Missing Trekker, en route to Everest Base camp, please help!

by rickford » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:19 pm

I know this is a long shot, but I thought I would try anyway...

My friend, Julian Wayne (known as Jules to many), has been missing for over a month now after splitting up from his hiking partner en route to Everest Base Camp. Jules has very little outdoors experience and it appears that his family (and myself) are fearing the worst.

Here is an article from Mounteverst.net:

(MountEverest.net) English Julian Wynne, 32, has gone missing whilst trekking to Everest Base Camp in Nepal. Julian's sister Sophie told ExplorersWeb that Julian and his trekking partner Lee had been staying in the Namaste Lodge in Gokyo.

They set out to cross Cho La together on the 22nd December 08.

"Apparently they had some differing ideas on the path to take up the pass and had decided to go their separate ways," wrote Sophie. "Lee looked back and saw Julian sitting on a rock by the path." That was the last time that anyone has seen or heard of Julian.

Sophie states that Lee later saw 2+1 people walking away from the Gokyo-side instep to the Chola pass and assumed that Julian was now in the company of a pair of Australian or Kiwi trekkers they'd seen descending from the pass earlier.

The trekkers were heading towards the Tea House they had stayed in the night before at Thagnag or Dragnag.

Lee continued over the pass and returned to Namche where he waited for several days, expecting to meet up with Julian who had left camera, iPod cables and clothes at their lodge.

Waiting by the trail coming into Namche, Lee quizzed most of the trekkers coming down as to whether they had seen Julian. Some messages were sent up the trail to the villages & lodges that he might have passed through, but to no avail.

Julian has not collected any of his belongings from the lodge and hasn't signed out of the national park. The family has contacted authorities and one member has flown to Nepal in an effort to retrace Julian's steps.

A Facebook group is set up called "Find Julian Wynne" which Sophie is urging everyone to join and to invite all their friends to join. There is also additional info at Trekinfo.com

http://www.mounteverest.net/news.php?id=17984

I met Jules in Buenos Aires last year and we traveled around South America for a couple of months there-afterwards. He is one of the coolest people that I have ever met.

If you have any information on his whereabouts then please contact me!!!!

Thank you,

Rick Evans

jvarholak

by jvarholak » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:15 pm

If there is anything that you think I can do Rick, just let me know... sending good vibes Jules' way.
john

rickford

by rickford » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:27 am

Thanks John, I really appreciate it!

Return to Asia