Getting chilly?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
Scott
Forum Moderator

Getting chilly?

by Scott » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:22 am

Yesterday (November 14) was the first below zero of the season. It was -3F at the house and 0F officially downtown (we were actually out camping and it was a warmer 7F there).

Right now it is slightly warmer at -1F, so we're in a warming trend. Time to break out the shorts?

According to the weather forecasts it should turn much milder and nights might be as warm as 16 by later in the week, at least downtown:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Craig&state=CO&site=GJT&textField1=40.52&textField2=-107.55&e=1

I think the predicted -5F tonight is off. I already have -2F at 10 pm.

This morning Stanley ID was -7F, so beat us for the daily low for the Lower 48. Saturday morning Meeker just south of here had the nation's low (excluding AK) at -4F, so I'm guessing that we may have the nation's low tonight as we're currently colder than Stanley and Meeker by a good margin, even at the official weather station.

Time to climb some mountains! :D

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Global Warming's fault.....

PS: October was the third coldest month on record in the U.S. btw.

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Cold enough here to keep the snow in good condition. COWABUNGA!

Chief, I prefer to call it "climate change." :wink:

no avatar
mconnell

by mconnell » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:13 pm

I hadn't been paying any attention since it didn't seem that cold. It's 9F here right now, and was down to 2F last night.

If I knew it was only 9, I would have put on more than a t-shirt to go shovel snow! No wonder my hands got cold.

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:16 pm

It must have been that cold here last night - it was a two-kitty pile-up and that usually means it's chilly - or at least well below freezing. :lol:

Return to Colorado