European climbing school/ guides

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
doc1911

European climbing school/ guides

by doc1911 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:09 am

I will have a chance to go to Europe (from the US) the end of this summer. My friends and I are looking to go climbing. There is a wide range of skill level and we are looking for a school or a guide for about 5 days. We will have our own equiptment to do traditional type of climbing. I am open to all countries. Thanks for the help

brenta

Re: European climbing school/ guides

by brenta » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:50 am

I took a course last summer with the <a href="http://www.guidecourmayeur.com/public/inglese/default.asp?Lingua=english">Courmayeur guides</a> and I've been quite happy with it. My instructor was <a href="http://web.tiscali.it/cesa/">Christian Cesa</a>. I found that one of their standard courses fit my requirements well, but since you are in a group with mixed abilities, you should be able to arrange for a customized program.

no avatar
signorellil

by signorellil » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:01 am

I endorse Brenta's suggestion. Courmayeur's guides courses are excellent in content terms, normally held in less frequented spots of the Massif, and suit a variety of abilities.

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:35 am

doc191, go <a href=//www.summitpost.org/show/mread.pl?f_id=20&t_id=5645><b><i>here</i></b></a>

Return to Europe