Servants?

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
JasonH

by JasonH » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:18 am

1000Pks,

What are you talking about?

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:22 am

1000Pks wrote:
SP management? Or the whole lot?

I would think most (in Cali anyway) know about their goings on. I think most people have just grown tired of it, and now ignore it.

If this is limited to a few on SP, so be it. But this seems to have gotten around. Whether the MLC SC has anything to do with this, I did make two inquiries to the general SP posting crowd, both of which were promptly deleted. That is what's strange, by me! No further mention or allowed posts. Surprising how this thread hasn't been deleted already, too, I have wondered why the SP behavior and perplexing events, as well.

Pete, what's up? I'm the one that deleted the threads because they were off-topic and right now we're just leaving one free-for-all in Site Feedback. I'm not MLC SC. I haven't yet met anyone in the MLC SC, and so far you're the only MLC SC member (current or ex) I've ever seen post. Except for that guy a couple years ago who said he was MLC SC and wanted to discuss with you this issue. Far as I know, he's never been back.

Oh - and please respond so I can then delete this thread as well. I want to make sure you see this.

Bruno

by Bruno » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:24 am

1000Pks wrote:[...]Whether the MLC SC has anything to do with this [...]

MLC SC, hu?

Mid Life Crisis Scooter Club

Is it possible to keep the off-topic posts in the "What happened to the PnP forums?" thread?

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:44 am

1000Pks wrote:Hardly off topic when plagiarism is the issue. Unless that is a non-issue for you, as before. I've never accused anyone else of being a member of the MLC SC though I wonder why the attacks/harassment/threats when I mention them, and then the deletions. I did make another post a few weeks ago which disappeared, I never mentioned the MLC SC there as I recall. Just seeing if that did happen--my ISP had been having problems right after that.

I'm always happy to deal with the facts as far as the MLC SC--I have no recollection of any such person. I usually do not post at PnP, are there other elves who might have taken that as such?

Despite what assertions of mental illness or "obsession," I believe that I am acting rationally when it comes to their professed hate, crime, and terror. It has been a long time since dealing with any of them, and it seems that I am now another persona non grata when it comes to even the AC! Unless dougb is who I think he is, a true member of the peak sections, I see very obvious little of any SC peak section people here--I'm wondering why that is, too.

Pete, if you're referring to the OGUL peak list issue here on SP, that discussion was several years ago and the thread is still on the OGUL page. If it's something else, I don't know what you are referring to. Send a PM to the elves and I guarantee you'll get a response.

Doug is probably our most active SC peak section member on SP, others are Ron Hudson and Jeff Dhungana. There may be others.

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:50 am

I'm going to move this thread to the Ethics, Spray, & Slander forum. Since it's climbing-related, that would be the appropriate place to malign the SC.

Again, if you (or anyone else for that matter) finds your original descriptions being plagiarized on SP, please send PM to the elves.

Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Re: Servants?

by Ejnar Fjerdingstad » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:57 pm

Dougb wrote:
1000Pks wrote:To the MLC SC, that is? Let's see how fast this thread disappears.

this is weird, you need to get over this obsession. Let it go man.

I think you mean let them do (whatever they like)!

OJ Loenneker

by OJ Loenneker » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:21 pm

1000Pks wrote:
I really was considering First Amendment rights enforcement if that was an issue, here. Or is there something that I don't know?

The First Amendment of the US Constitution does not apply to outside contributions to privately owned web forums. So, your posts actually do not count as "First Amendment Rights" because the Federal Government is not removing your "voice" but rather a private entity is. You are still allowed to voice your self, it's just that if a private web site decides not to host your voice, it is not that you have lost your voice, just the venue. You have no First Amendment right to a Venue.

You are still allowed to set up a soap box in your front yard and bitch all you want about the Sierra Club.

Your neighbors might call the cops because you are a nuisance, but they cannot make you change your "content" of your speech. That is because your First Amendment rights cannot trump someone's other right, like the Fourth Amendment.

And like others have said, get over your obsession. It's old.

ridgeline

by ridgeline » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Does this topic have something to do with Area 52 ?

kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

1000Pks wrote:Sounds like laws being made. So, I can't speak my mind at SP?

And that'd be Area 51 (?). Nothing to do with that.

btw, "obsession" seems to be more ridicule. How that got around, how many doctors in the house?

Hey Pete, you can speak your mind all you want but people don't want to hear it. They think you have a couple of screws loose.

I'm still trying to figure what exactly is your agenda for posting this thread. Are you trying to bring awareness to the fact that the MLC SC did some nasty things to you 30 years ago that you can't get over? Are you trying to get the Elves to take down some content on SP that belongs to you and have been used without your permission? Are you just bitching because the forecast for the next week is looking dismal? Are you trying to recruit members for the MLC SC?

Aaron Johnson

by Aaron Johnson » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Wow. I'm completely lost on this one. :?

JasonH

by JasonH » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Aaron Johnson wrote:Wow. I'm completely lost on this one. :?

Don't worry, so is everyone else.

Arthur Digbee

by Arthur Digbee » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:48 am

I think it's a Zen koan.

Next

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander