Hi res photo downloads

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Grampahawk

by Grampahawk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:00 pm

If you go to the "areas and ranges" navigation bar up above and type in "hundikush" you'll get some photos. Contact the person who posted them for permission though.

lowlands

by lowlands » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:09 am

Often times the posters will upload the full-res photo. Summitpost just lowers the resolution for faster viewing. To see the original upload resolution just click on the picture.

Exhibit A:
You see the photo, it's made smaller to fit comments, etc. on the page
http://www.summitpost.org/image/409945/180975/hindu-kush-himalayan.html

Then you just click on the photo and it shows you the full resolution image, which in this case is pretty big.
http://c0278592.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/original/409945.jpg

Do note, that they won't all be like this (e.g. quality, mp's) And make sure it's cool with the original poster that you use their photo. I, personally wouldn't care, and I don't think many people will, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hope this is what you're looking for,
-Steve

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:22 pm

lowlands wrote:O) And make sure it's cool with the original poster that you use their photo. I, personally wouldn't care, and I don't think many people will, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Actually, this is a very important step. If you don't ask permission first, you are guilty of copyright violations. Most owners will be happy to give permission, but you must always ask. If they don't respond or don't grant permission, don't use the photo.

Return to General