we compelete mission in Nepal with Stephane and Apa sherpa.

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
littlekarim

we compelete mission in Nepal with Stephane and Apa sherpa.

by littlekarim » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:34 pm

The Karakoram legend little karim along with Stephane Schaffter, Apa Sherpa, have successfully completed their mission to scale unnamed unclimbed peak in Nanpala in Nepal. read more on Stephane Schaffter new blog http://rencontre-des-himalayas.blogspot.com/
Last edited by littlekarim on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Diggler

by Diggler » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Congratulations- that line looks absolutely amazing! Yet another feather in your already FULL climbing cap! Keep climbing!

As it's been a few years since my high school French class, I was able to dig this up on the web for those of us for which English is easier :lol: : http://www.climbing.com/news/press/jaeg ... tres_peak/

I look forward to reading more about this incredible-looking climb & summit.

RayMondo

by RayMondo » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:01 pm

It is very special to climb an unnamed, unclimbed peak. Congratulations. And a beautiful mountain.

xDoogiex

by xDoogiex » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:29 pm

Congratulations! That looks intense

Damien Gildea

by Damien Gildea » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Diggler wrote: I was able to dig this up on the web for those of us for which English is easier :lol: : http://www.climbing.com/news/press/jaeg ... tres_peak/

A giant ad for the sponsor and nothing about the climb. Possibly the worst expedition 'report' I have ever seen. What a joke.

But now I see it was not reported in Hot Flashes as a climbing report. It was placed in the 'Press' section of Climbing.com, where all the press releases and paid advertorials go.

Also, at one point there was a link to an image of the mountain. The image is Jobo Rinzang, climbed by Dave Gottlieb and Joe Puryear earlier this year.

D
Last edited by Damien Gildea on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Congrats, now that's money well spent! Glad your back in one piece!

Diggler

by Diggler » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:23 pm

Damien Gildea wrote:
Diggler wrote: I was able to dig this up on the web for those of us for which English is easier :lol: : http://www.climbing.com/news/press/jaeg ... tres_peak/

A giant ad for the sponsor and nothing about the climb. Possibly the worst expedition 'report' I have ever seen. What a joke.

But now I see it was not reported in Hot Flashes as a climbing report. It was placed in the 'Press' section of Climbing.com, where all the press releases and paid advertorials go.

Also, at one point there was a link to an image of the mountain. The image is Jobo Rinzang, climbed by Dave Gottlieb and Joe Puryear earlier this year.

D

Damian,

I'm still waiting to see a good, legit report on the ascent- it seems as though it's still new enough that a good report/summary has yet to be posted... the sole purpose of presenting this url was to allow people to read something about the climb in English. I agree that it is a big advertisement & lacks much substance. I think that the point of this thread is a climb that looks f'ing amazing, a FA on a beautiful peak, put up by some heavyweights of high altitude climbing. Not to mention a unique paring of climbers from very diverse backgrounds. If you find a good report (I'm sure there will be some good ones shortly), put it up for the rest of us!

-D

Damien Gildea

by Damien Gildea » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Diggler wrote: a unique paring of climbers from very diverse backgrounds.

Agreed, and nice to see.

But the nature of the rest of it does not bode well ...

Return to Asia