personal experience on accomodation on kalymnos

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
bledl

personal experience on accomodation on kalymnos

by bledl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Hey!
I just came back from 10 days on kalymnos. It`s a great place with incredible climbing, sun & a laid back climbers community. I just want to share some personal experience about where to stay.
Before the trip we booked online at Saki`s Studios. He got nice pictures & everything looks beautiful. In reality we stayed 4 days & then changed studios.
The bathroom was just plain disgusting, bedsheets dirty (not a good idea to have a closer look at...), beds were hard & uncomfortable, the "kitchenette" a place where you really do not want to cook or eat...overall: Really very dirty.
I lived in Peru for a year & am used to third-world-standards, but I do not pay 20 euros a day for that value. After some arguing with the rude & unfriendly Saki we then changed to Fastolitis`Studios.
There we payed 10 euros more, it was clean, nice, spacy with a huge balcony in the sun and super helpful, nice owners. Locals we met then told us, Sakis`Studios is "known to be disgusting".
Therefore my advice: Travel to Kalymnos, have a look at the rooms and then decide there, where you wanna stay. You can`t do anything wrong with George Fastolitis`Studios (just down the street by the Fastolitis Snack bar).
Go there! It`s great climbing!

Return to Europe