FS: Misc climbing gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
jeep1212

FS: Misc climbing gear

by jeep1212 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Mountain Hardwear absolute zero parka-large, red-NWOT-$375 shipped

BD stoppers 4-13 w/ biner and metolius tool-New- $85 shipped

Metolius Power cams 00-8 (10 total) w/ rangerfinder NEW--$385 shipped

BD Chaoas Ink Jet harness, medium, MSRP $130, New--$80 shipped

BD zodiac gear sling, black, new, MSRP $30--$20 shipped

The North Face Pantheon shell-medium--MSPR $400--Used twice, been sitting in closet--$160 shipped

email me at jeep1212@live.com if interested, thanks!

Hotoven

Re: FS: Misc climbing gear

by Hotoven » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:31 pm

jeep1212 wrote:BD stoppers 4-13 w/ biner and metolius tool-New- $85 shipped

I can get them retail for cheaper.

http://gearx.com/black-diamond-stopper- ... GoogleBase

Dave Dinnell

by Dave Dinnell » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:21 am

Yeah, but the nut tool is worth 20$ and you don't have shipping (whereas on Gearx you do.) Not a bad deal, it seems to me.

ClimberJohn

by ClimberJohn » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:30 am

Wow...so you have lots of NEW gear that your asking NEW gear prices for with no photo or explanation of how it is you came to be the reluctant owner of all this NEW gear.

Shit like this has happens in our local forum and it usually turns out to be stolen NEW gear. Of course I'm sure you're as legit as can be and you just bought all this stuff and NEVER used it.

Or is it NOT REALLY NEW and you're just claiming that it's NEVER EVER EVER BEEN USED AT ALL?

and Dave...where in the feck do you live that $85 for a set of nuts, from some random dude off the internet that claims they are new but doesn't have any pictures, is a good deal?

jeep1212

by jeep1212 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:16 am

ClimberJohn wrote:Wow...so you have lots of NEW gear that your asking NEW gear prices for with no photo or explanation of how it is you came to be the reluctant owner of all this NEW gear.

Shit like this has happens in our local forum and it usually turns out to be stolen NEW gear. Of course I'm sure you're as legit as can be and you just bought all this stuff and NEVER used it.

Or is it NOT REALLY NEW and you're just claiming that it's NEVER EVER EVER BEEN USED AT ALL?

and Dave...where in the feck do you live that $85 for a set of nuts, from some random dude off the internet that claims they are new but doesn't have any pictures, is a good deal?

Let me just say it was written without fear and without research. He has delusions of adequacy.

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Dave Dinnell wrote:Yeah, but the nut tool is worth 20$ and you don't have shipping (whereas on Gearx you do.) Not a bad deal, it seems to me.

I would still spend the extra 7 bucks just to get a receipt and buy from a place I know is legit. IMHO, its not a good deal and most likely won't sell here on SP. He might be able to sell it off Ebay.

welle

by welle » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Hotoven wrote:
Dave Dinnell wrote:Yeah, but the nut tool is worth 20$ and you don't have shipping (whereas on Gearx you do.) Not a bad deal, it seems to me.

I would still spend the extra 7 bucks just to get a receipt and buy from a place I know is legit. IMHO, its not a good deal and most likely won't sell here on SP. He might be able to sell it off Ebay.

The receipt won't do you good - you cannot return climbing gear.

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:01 pm

welle wrote:
Hotoven wrote:

My friend returned a harness after he used it twice, tags were clipped off and everything. But that's REI, and maybe that's not climbing gear?

welle

by welle » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Hotoven wrote:My friend returned a harness after he used it twice, tags were clipped off and everything. But that's REI, and maybe that's not climbing gear?

yikes, soft goods are even worse! I can't believe REI took it back.

tfcfool

by tfcfool » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:22 pm

welle wrote:
Hotoven wrote:

I don't think it's the ability to return it, but the peace of mind people feel when buying it brand new from a store.

welle wrote:
Hotoven wrote:My friend returned a harness after he used it twice, tags were clipped off and everything. But that's REI, and maybe that's not climbing gear?

Indeed, that is somewhat surpising, though REI seems to take back everything. I wonder if they try to sell it again at the S&D...

jeep1212

by jeep1212 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Most people--myself included--use PayPal for these kinds on transactions. I would argue you get more “security” because if you feel you have been misled of cheated (on climbing gear or otherwise) you can file a claim to get your money back. PayPal sides with the buyer 99% of the time.

Secondly, why not support other climbers instead of giving your money to a large corporation??

Pallando

by Pallando » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:24 pm

gbeane wrote:
welle wrote:

they wouldn't have sold it after taking it back. they took it as a loss.

They shred returned soft gear.

If I'm going to be buying a set of stoppers from a private party, I'm getting them at a good price. Selling them at near retail is not going to get you anywhere.

JonW

by JonW » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:02 pm

This thread is totally getting out of control. What a bunch of haters! If the dude's gear is overpriced, it won't sell. Who cares! REI sells overpriced stuff all the time. Let the market determine the price.

ClimberJohn wrote:Shit like this has happens in our local forum and it usually turns out to be stolen NEW gear. Of course I'm sure you're as legit as can be and you just bought all this stuff and NEVER used it.

Accusing someone of selling stolen gear based on a single posted message is ridiculous. People sell new/unused gear all the time on SP. Do you really think all that is stolen? It's just as likely that used gear is stolen too. For most people, used gear is definitely easier to steal.

Dave Dinnell

by Dave Dinnell » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:08 am

Agree with Jon. This thread took quite a turn :) shoulda' known it might involve REI at some point. Ha.

And to clarify, I never opined that Jeep's sale was the deal of the century. The nuts, Met. tool, and shipping would save ya 15-20 bucks or so. If you're not interested, move on.

ClimberJohn, sounds like you know some people who have been ripped off. That is bad, and we as a community should be diligent about some "deals" we see regarding gear being sold. But, people do sell gear, new and used, here, and on CascadeClimbers, and on Supertopo, and, and, and...If it is someone who just registered and is selling a boatload of new gear super cheap...yeah, I would be suspicious.

However, overtly or not, accusing someone who has been participating on this board of maybe being a thief???? Perhaps this thread was a poor choice to vent your view. Maybe start a thread of your own. Just sayin'

'Course, looked at your occupation on your profile and it stated "troll" so 'nuff said there :roll:

Return to Gear