Temple Crag?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Tom Fralich

Temple Crag?

by Tom Fralich » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:32 am

Anyone been in recently? Any thoughts on the condition of Moon Goddess, and the descent? Looking to get out next weekend for something alpine-ish. Maybe too early yet, but I'm mildly hopeful. Feel free to speculate based on conditions in other areas.

no avatar
The Chief

Re: Temple Crag?

by The Chief » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:48 am

Tom Fralich wrote:Anyone been in recently? Any thoughts on the condition of Moon Goddess, and the descent? Looking to get out next weekend for something alpine-ish. Maybe too early yet, but I'm mildly hopeful. Feel free to speculate based on conditions in other areas.

Wait!

I'd seriously wait another week or two. The snow melt is on and everything is running, I mean running.

At the rate that the snow is melting, should be clear and dry enough by the weekend after next.

Tom Fralich

by Tom Fralich » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:57 am

Just to clarify...I'm looking at June 19-20. Do you mean wait until the weekend after that?

fossana

by fossana » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:41 am

Tom Fralich wrote:Just to clarify...I'm looking at June 19-20. Do you mean wait until the weekend after that?

If you go please report back on the Sun Ribbon Arete approach, which you'll pass on the way. thanks

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:41 am

Tom Fralich wrote:Just to clarify...I'm looking at June 19-20. Do you mean wait until the weekend after that?

Border line for those dates, but if the forecast continues as it has, you may be ok.

dshoshone

by dshoshone » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:47 pm

I climbed Temple Crag last Wednesday from Contact Pass. Mostly a snow climb from the First Lake to Contact Pass, which probably made it easier.

The SE Face to the top was 90% snow.. I didn't use crampons for the face..to soft. I managed to walk along the ridgeline on rock with only a few postholes.

If you go to the top take a pen or pencil..the pen in the register is out of ink

Return to California