Any group going to Mexico in October??

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.
ericd

Any group going to Mexico in October??

by ericd » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:08 pm

Anyone know how safe it is climbing in Mexico these days? Violence in Mexico is only getting worse. Despite this, I'm planning a trip up Pico de Orizaba next month (October 2010) but want to take all precautions not get kidnapped or mugged while travelling to/from the mountain. Is there any group going in October? Thanks, Eric

rcntly4298

Re: Any group going to Mexico in October??

by rcntly4298 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:03 pm

ericd wrote:Anyone know how safe it is climbing in Mexico these days? Violence in Mexico is only getting worse. Despite this, I'm planning a trip up Pico de Orizaba next month (October 2010) but want to take all precautions not get kidnapped or mugged while travelling to/from the mountain. Is there any group going in October? Thanks, Eric

I have a group of 6 going October 22nd to October 30th. Our schedule is the following:

-October 22nd: Arrive MEX and spend night at Hilton inside Airport
-October 23rd: Taking bus to Puebla then to Tlachachuca. Staying night with Senor Joaquin
-October 24th: 12K feet
-October 25th: 14K feet
-October 26th: 14K feet
-October 27th: 16K feet
-October 28th: Summit early AM then head back to Tlachachuca to spend night at Senor Joaquins
-October 29th: Take bus to Puebla then to airport. Spend night at Hilton inside airport
-October 30th: Fly home early AM

If you are traveling alone and want to meet up with us at any point, just let me know.

Thanks

Andy

Return to Mexico, Central America and Caribbean