Wolves in Montana

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.
mrchad9

Re: Wolves in Montana

by mrchad9 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:17 am

Kill 'em!

not the wolves

HungarySagehen

by HungarySagehen » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:06 am

Yeah I mean, we should have every right to expect that our kills would be untouched by wild predators if we leave them for hours, bleeding, out in the open. right? Totally unconscionable, those wolves.

dan2see

by dan2see » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:18 am

That's a scary story, worthy of "The Day Before Hallowe'en".

And there's more about this, on a blog site: Wolf Clash by Dr. Ed Berry on http://edberry.com/

Story: This guy goes into the wilderness, and finds an elk. Although he had never contributed to the elk, its herd, or its neighbours, he decides to kill it and take it home. But the local wolves, who are the real stewards of the area, want their share. The guy sees this as interference, and is outraged because his horse won't be able to haul the elk carcass to the truck.

When I read this, I thought maybe "Wolf Clash" is a troll site. But the hunter Mark E. Appleby is serious, and the blogger Dr. Berry is serious too!

no avatar
JJBrunner

by JJBrunner » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:26 am

This reminds me about the post where the dude was filming when a bear charged him. He shot in the air and the bear ran away. Similar, but these guys sound like they unloaded on the wolves!

Arthur Digbee

by Arthur Digbee » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Reminds me of the fact that hunters can leave elk gut piles in the wilderness but the rest of us can be fined for dropping a gum wrapper.

Disclaimer: I am opposed to dropping gum wrappers. Kids, don't do this!
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !

Return to Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)