American Alpine Club (AAC) Survey

Mountaineering, rock climbing, and hiking news.
Haliku

American Alpine Club (AAC) Survey

by Haliku » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:27 pm

As a climbing focused site (now that PnP is gone :P ) I thought this might be of interest. It is only designed for residents of North America due to the core member focus. Sorry for any problem this may cause. Cheers!

To shape the future of the American Alpine Club, and its role in the climbing community, input is needed (even if you’re not a member)!

We’re fielding a survey to enable climbers to have a say on which activities should be funded in the future by membership dues. We’re reaching out to both members and non-members as well. Knowing that a larger membership base will result in greater benefits for all members, we want to know which types of activities would encourage more climbers to join the AAC. Your participation is important and appreciated; results will help shape what the club looks like in the years to come.

Click HERE to take the survey.

Dave Dinnell

by Dave Dinnell » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Or we could send them the 56 (and counting) pages from Site Feedback's latest hot topic and let them draw their own conclusions... :shock:

Haliku

by Haliku » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks for the offer! I think the survey will be a better venue for feedback. :lol: Cheers!

Dave Dinnell wrote:Or we could send them the 56 (and counting) pages from Site Feedback's latest hot topic and let them draw their own conclusions... :shock:

fossana

by fossana » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks for posting the link. I canceled my AAC membership when they changed their backcountry insurance program to be provider specific. Good for them to know.

fossana

Re: American Alpine Club (AAC) Survey

by fossana » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:44 am

I just learned another interesting tidbit about the insurance plan as noted in the FAQs. If you upgrade to the full coverage option you are not covered for accidents occurring within 160 miles of your home. The basic insurance does not have this limitation but then you're stuck within coughing up with the remainder of the Global Rescue bill beyond the first $5K. So much for those of us choosing to live where we climb.

The following user would like to thank fossana for this post
John Duffield

Haliku

Re: American Alpine Club (AAC) Survey

by Haliku » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:54 pm

A nice 'fine print' catch. Stay tuned as the survey was the lead in to future changes. A five year plan has been developed and presented to the directors and a final version will be accepted at the annual dinner this Feb in Seattle. Having reviewed the draft all I will say is the survey feedback was taken seriously and changes will be made to improve the insurance issue that so many have had a problem with since the change.

Cheers!

fossana wrote:I just learned another interesting tidbit about the insurance plan as noted in the FAQs. If you upgrade to the full coverage option you are not covered for accidents occurring within 160 miles of your home. The basic insurance does not have this limitation but then you're stuck within coughing up with the remainder of the Global Rescue bill beyond the first $5K. So much for those of us choosing to live where we climb.
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to News