Snowshoeing in Kent, SE England!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Big Benn

Snowshoeing in Kent, SE England!

by Big Benn » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Never thought I would make a post like this!

But we've got a harsh winter in the making. And for the first time in around 25 years we've got over 12 inches or more, (30cm plus), of snow on the ground here where I live.

OK. Easy enough to walk around in, but I just could not resist the chance to get out for my daily training walk on snowshoes. Right from my front door and right back to it!

So yesterday and today I did four and a half hour stints on my MSR Denali Classic snowshoes. All locally and hard work at times plodding up the very short but quite steep slopes in my local woods area.

Not sure I've ever do that again, but am really happy I didn't let the opportunity pass.

I even got thanked by some locals out for a walk, as I had made a good series of firm tracks in the snow that made it much easier for them and others to walk on.

I keep chuckling to myself that I was able to put my snowshoes on whilst standing at my front door. And keep them on until I got back!
Nearly seven years into writing my book on Short-eared Owls and great progress being made. Now starting to get proof prints of the first chapters.

The following user would like to thank Big Benn for this post
WouterB

Return to Europe