LS Nepal Warranty/Repair?

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
blazin

LS Nepal Warranty/Repair?

by blazin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:41 pm

I have a pair of LS Nepal EVOs on which one of the fabric eyelets for the lace recently tore off. Does anybody have experience with LS generally or this problem more specifically? The LS websites says:

We guarantee La Sportiva Products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship to the original buyer for one year from the date of purchase. There is no implied life span for our products due to the many variables that affect footwear.

If you have a La Sportiva product that you think should be considered for warranty, please take it back to the store where you purchased it, with your dated receipt.

WTF?! It seems like they're a bitch to deal with. Should I just get this repaired elsewhere? If so, any suggestions on where?

brokesomeribs

Re: LS Nepal Warranty/Repair?

by brokesomeribs » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:49 pm

I've had nothing but bad experiences with LS warranty issues. Good luck.

blazin

by blazin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:30 am

So...I'm thinking of sending these to Rocky Mountain Resole to get repaired. Any one have any experience with them? Or able to recommend another cobbler/boot repair service that knows they're way around mountaineering boots?

KevinCraig

by KevinCraig » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Had the same thing happen on my Nepal Evos. Just took mine to a local cobbler (Golden, CO area) and they did a great job re-sewing it.

LS has supposedly gotten better with customer service, but I'll believe it when I see it and/or hear lots of people raving about how much they've improved.

Return to Gear