Show us the ropes in Gorham.

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
Ryland555555

Show us the ropes in Gorham.

by Ryland555555 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:01 am

Hey guys,

Me and 2 friends are in Gorham NH tomorrow(4/24) for the day and was looking to do something fun in Tuckerman's or any other cool spot that we don't know about. Is there anyone out there who is willing to show us around? We have climbing equipment and are looking to practice some rope travel for a trip coming up to Mt Rainier in July. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Ryland

Hotoven

Re: Show us the ropes in Gorham.

by Hotoven » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Sorry you didn't get any helpful responses, it was sort of last minute and since your new to the site people are more hesitant to help. Although if you become a regular and get to know the folks here, I know of a few who would not mind showing you the ropes (including me) if your in the area. Best of luck on your future adventures, and I would recommend taking a mountaineering class or two.
"Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"
- The Dude, Lebowski

Ryland555555

by Ryland555555 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Its alright Hotoven. We still had an awesome time. We think we are going to make the trip again next years so Ill keep you in mind. We would like to check out Huntington's Ravine next time. Here is a video I made of our trip if your interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTufc5szZgs

Ryland

AlexeyD

by AlexeyD » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Nice...is that Hillman's or Left Gully that you guys are climbing at the end of the video?

no avatar
fsclimb

by fsclimb » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Hotoven wrote: it was sort of last minute

yeah it was- funny thing I was there last weekend, stayed at Hermit Lake Shelters...wish I had seen this sooner!

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)