Moments of Surrender

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Josh Lewis

Moments of Surrender

by Josh Lewis » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:24 am

After climbing Stuart, Canon, Enchantment, Logan, Rainier, and many other climbs within the past week and a half my feet are feeling terrible to the point where I am hobbling around my house tonight. The offers for adventures keep flowing in, which one of them happened to be a climb I been dying to do for years which is the North Ridge of Mount Baker. I certainly have the enthusiasm, physical fitness, but my feet will not allow me to go on. Normally I would push on which I've been doing for this entire month (my blisters from early July have not recovered due to constant adventure). It pains me to stay home, but it would also pain me to keep on climbing. :lol: I feel as though I am making the right choice for myself.

Anyone else feel as though they have there moments of surrender of declining an amazing trip which almost works out? For the entire month I noticed that adventures come in big package deals which I would call "Adventure Trains". I suppose I finally have reached an ending... :wink: For now. 8)

mvs

Re: Moments of Surrender

by mvs » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:04 pm

It's a great problem to have Josh, one of the best in a long line of "problems" you'll see over the years. :)

Return to General