South Sister path between Lewis and Prouty Glaciers

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
kylenicolls

South Sister path between Lewis and Prouty Glaciers

by kylenicolls » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Hey I am looking to do it this weekend. I read there is a off-norm path between the Lewis and Prouty Glaciers. ANyone familiar with this path? I can always go by topo and GPS and at least make my way there but if there is a trail on dirt, it's preferred. I just read of it's existence but I do not know if it is a posted path or not. If it is posted, there a fork off from the the standard south Devils Lake trailhead somewhere along the path?

THanks.

kylenicolls

Re: South Sister path between Lewis and Prouty Glaciers

by kylenicolls » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:19 am

Well I may as well update. I didn't see any clear path from the base of the Lewis tarn, saw some rock fall over on that side so I figured it would be better I didn't go on over that-a-way as I was a solo overnighter. It's something I think would be a better consideration when there is still a bit of snowpack to cross, rather than loose dirt/rock sitting on a slope near its angle of response.

But this was the region I WANTED to go up. But decided against. If anyone knows a path, let me know!

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)