Insert Title in the Image Button?

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Josh Lewis

Insert Title in the Image Button?

by Josh Lewis » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:55 am

It would be a really nice addition if there was some kind of check box which automatically put in the title of the id you put in for that image. I created a screen shot of what it could look like if this feature was some day added. (look next to the image id)

insert title.JPG
insert title.JPG (54.57 KiB) Viewed 2465 times

For now I have to go back and forth between tabs getting the id, back to the edit page, and then back to the image to copy the title and then back to the edit page. If this check box was added, I would only have to get the image id which would be really nifty. :D

mrchad9

Re: Insert Title in the Image Button?

by mrchad9 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:15 am

Josh... this may be nifty, but if you were to rank all the items that could be done to improve SP, where would this land?

I'd like to see some things that would affect the ability to improve content (on existing pages), improving the scoring system (so everything isn't a 10), and affect the visibilty of current activity of the site (like being able to track particular summit logs) as somewhat higher priority items.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:34 am

Chad, you ruined my hopes and dreams. :lol: Perhaps I can bump this thread when all the more important stuff is added (if it happens).

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:22 pm

Josh Lewis wrote:Chad, you ruined my hopes and dreams.

Set your sites higher Josh!

LOL...

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:26 am

Josh, under this format, would the picture title appear in the place where one can put a caption? Is this just a suggestion to get around typing the title in manually?
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:12 am

Yes, it would be placed where the caption is. I find putting captions of my already titled images more time consuming. Especially considering the amount of pictures I use in my tr's. Perhaps if the checkbox was made, when checked you could leave the description box blank and it would insert the title. Let's say you accidentally have both a description and the checkbox on which the caption you wrote was "Summit Shot" when the photo title is actually "Carefully Climbing on the Summit Ridge" the output would be:
[img:755302:aligncenter:medium:Carefully Climbing on the Summit RidgeSummit Shot]
This is formatting the way it is because it automatically inserts right after the ":medium:". (I know, it looks bad if someone had this checked and put in a caption). If this feature was added, this is the way it should work. :wink:

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:27 am

The bulk uploader sort-of does this, if you put the info in the extended jpeg tags with the proper editor.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:42 am

True, but 2 things about the bulk uploader.
1. Not everyone has it on there computer
2. I often times like making the alignment to the center rather than the left. Perhaps I can get a custom edition that had centered. 8)

Return to Site Feedback