User activity analysis

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Baarb

User activity analysis

by Baarb » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:55 pm

I really hope I'm not bringing up a dead subject but after reading comments suggesting that only a minor % of users contribute to the site (for various reasons and usefully / otherwise) I wondered if there was any available data to look at how many people do different kinds of things and how appreciated they are. E.g. of the 30,000+ users, how many regularly log in, how many have made something (non-photo) that got a 90% rating, what kinds of things are read / clicked on the most (mountain pages, trip reports, photos etc.). Often feedback is gained based on forum comments which attract a small subset of people but I wonder if there is some useful trend and insight information hidden in the raw numbers. Just considering new users, if someone new joins what is it they have joined for for example? Is it to post a commercial ad? Is it because if you click on anyone's name you are asked to sign in? Is it to sign some climbers logs? Is it to make a page where there isn't one? Is it to comment in the forums? Anyway, some random thoughts for people to ignore / criticise / expand upon.

The following user would like to thank Baarb for this post
hansw, Marmaduke

Lolli

Re: User activity analysis

by Lolli » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:18 am

Baarb wrote: Is it because if you click on anyone's name you are asked to sign in?

Only if you go from the forum. If you go from "People" you don't have to sign in.
Age is a matter of mind and if you don´t mind it does not matter!

Return to Site Feedback