Tioga Pass

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
dshoshone

Tioga Pass

by dshoshone » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Press Release
For Immediate Release

Tioga Road in Yosemite National Park to Close this Evening. Glacier Point Road Remains Open
Pending Weather Conditions

The Tioga Road in Yosemite National Park will close at 7:00 p.m. this evening, Tuesday, January 17, 2012. A series of wet weather systems, with the possibility of heavy snow at the higher elevations, are predicated over the next several days. This possible precipitation, coupled with cold temperatures, will result in hazardous driving conditions on the road.

The Glacier Point Road will remain open through at least this evening. The park will assess the road and weather conditions tomorrow, and there is a possibility the road may close due to hazardous driving conditions.

If conditions change that precipitate the reopening of the Tioga Road, the park will issue a subsequent news release.

For updated 24-hour road and weather information, please call 209-372-0200

Media Contacts:

Scott Gediman 209.372.0248

Kari Cobb 209.372.0529

Princess Buttercup

Re: Tioga Pass

by Princess Buttercup » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:13 am

<whimper><sigh> :cry: :cry: <whimper>

Oh, wait: YAY, SNOW!!!

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

SummitJunkie

Re: Tioga Pass

by SummitJunkie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:55 am

Damn it, I was heading there in the morning.. Well I missed out and I have nobody to blame but myself. Literally once in a lifetime opportunity slips through my fingers.. Why didn't I think of this last week??!!??!

Return to California