Thank You

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Sarah Simon

Thank You

by Sarah Simon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:45 pm

I want to start a clean thread to say "thank you" to all involved in the SPv3 updates. A lot of hard work has happened to make these changes reality.

Technolgy design is an iterative process; there is still plenty of hard work ahead of this community. But with ongoing constructive feedback, visionary ideas and support, the behind-the-scenes technology work can continue towards improving the technology resource SummitPost rallies around.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Go climb a mountain

The following user would like to thank Sarah Simon for this post
96avs01, chugach mtn boy, Dow Williams, JHH60, kamil, Old School WB, Silvia Mazzani, Tonka

Brian C

Re: Thank You

by Brian C » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Agreed! Nice work to all!

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Yes, it does look better than before!

Redwic

by Redwic » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:52 pm

I completely agree.

The colors and styles are much more eye-catching than before.
The new format really makes different page sections (such as OVERVIEW, DIRECTIONS, RED TAPE, etc.) stand out much better than before.

For whatever reason, the website seems faster, too, but perhaps I am mistaken.

Kudos and much thanks to everyone involved who helped make SPv3. :D

The following user would like to thank Redwic for this post
Silvia Mazzani

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Glad to hear it. :D It's been an honor being able to help re-create the template. Hope the people of SP don't mind the 3rd official color that I added to the site (dark grey). I am pleased to see that I didn't create an angry mob with all the changes that took place. In some sense this was in the making since last July when I discovered that SP can use external style sheets. It opened up the door way. But it wasn't until recently (last few weeks) until major efforts were put into putting it into the template. In honor of the Chief I titled the design "Twitter and Glitter". :lol: But even he didn't seem mad about it (the new design that is). :wink:

The following user would like to thank Josh Lewis for this post
Redwic, Silvia Mazzani

yatsek

by yatsek » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Hats off to the creators of this breakthrough version of SP :!:

The following user would like to thank yatsek for this post
Silvia Mazzani

Mark Doiron

by Mark Doiron » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Yes, nicely done. Thanks so much for all of the hard work by those involved!

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:02 am

Thanks for the comments Sarah and everyone else too! If site activity picks up on the next months, that'll be a win for everyone too.

And Matt's not done yet! More to come.

Now I'm off to go give more 6-9s.

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:17 pm

What are you all doing to make creating and then posting a NEW PAGE simpler and more user friendly???

Good point. After the trip reports rotated I must say the front page does not look as good. TRs/Articles are squeezed inside a bunch of photos and the space for them (TRs/articles) appears thinner.
Also, a bit too many colors. You won't ever please everyone, but what we had before was more 'user friendly' - more space for TRs/Articles. Enough for routes/mountains etc, and space for recent forum threads.
I like the new photo of the moment thing though.

rgg
Forum Moderator

by rgg » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Vitaliy M. wrote:TRs/Articles are squeezed inside a bunch of photos and the space for them (TRs/articles) appears thinner.

Having a relatively small screen width of 1024, I agree with this. With a wider screen it's no problem though, so perhaps I should upgrade...

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:45 pm

No sizes for anything changed on the home page (except for the headers and menus). If the amount of space looks different, it is an illusion. Only color changes, rearranged, and a new POTM feature (and other little things that don't affect size or space).

The following user would like to thank mrchad9 for this post
Vitaliy M.

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:13 pm

mrchad9 wrote:No sizes for anything changed on the home page (except for the headers and menus). If the amount of space looks different, it is an illusion. Only color changes, rearranged, and a new POTM feature (and other little things that don't affect size or space).

Thank you for clarifying. I am at work at the moment and my screen here is a bit smaller than at home. Still standard for a desktop. :/

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 pm

The funny part is I designed much of that and I have a small screen (1024px). :lol: But I do admit there are a few adjustments that need to take place on the frontpage. The past few days I been pressing for single DIV's for images so that the code is simpler which it was finally implemented today. I suppose I could shift my focus back to the frontpage. For example "New to SummitPost?" needs padding on the left side.

ywardhorner

by ywardhorner » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 am

I would also like to say kudos for all the hard work! The site looks great.
Connect with me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/YWardHorner or check out my blog http://blog.yvettewardhorner.com

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:40 am

Josh Lewis wrote:The funny part is I designed much of that and I have a small screen (1024px). :lol: But I do admit there are a few adjustments that need to take place on the frontpage. The past few days I been pressing for single DIV's for images so that the code is simpler which it was finally implemented today. I suppose I could shift my focus back to the frontpage. For example "New to SummitPost?" needs padding on the left side.

Now that I am at home it looks great. Thank you for hard work you put into it. For now it is hard getting used to the 'new forum posts' line up on the right side instead of the left. I think I can get over that : )

Next

Return to Site Feedback