Posterior Tibialis Tendonitis

Discussion of medical or rescue topics related to climbing and mountaineering.
DukeJH

Posterior Tibialis Tendonitis

by DukeJH » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:20 pm

I just have to vent about this insidious and difficult to beat condition. I developed PTT in July 2012 and could not run until January 2013. I slowly built my mileage through May 2013 and last weekend my arch started hurting again and it has become progressively worse. Hopefully this doesn't take another 6 months to clear. I've already reached out to my orthopedic surgeon and let his staff know about the reoccurrence.

Anybody else had this condition and have any tips or tricks?

WyomingSummits

Re: Posterior Tibialis Tendonitis

by WyomingSummits » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:25 am

Didn't have PTT, but had severe Patella Tendonitis in 2005-2007. Had to stop all sports and get the inflammation out. Then did slow, bodyweight exercises for rehab, and then added weight training to rebuild muscle before resuming sports. In all, I was out for 1.5 years.....but it's been gone for over 3 years now. It sucked while I went through it, but totally worth it being pain free now!

DukeJH

Re: Posterior Tibialis Tendonitis

by DukeJH » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:06 pm

As an old baseball player, I worked through shoulder and elbow tendonitis and both kept me out 6-8 weeks each. I thought I was out of the woods after six months and was easing back into running and weight training. Oh well.

Return to Mountain Medicine & Rescue