Climbing Partner Needed: Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl April 2014

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.
ajaysomani

Climbing Partner Needed: Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl April 2014

by ajaysomani » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:59 pm

I know its a bit late in the season but I will be looking to climb Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl sometime in the first two weeks of April. I'm doing this as part of a longer road-trip so I have my own transportation which we can use. Looking to hire a guide and share the expenses for that.

A Note about myself: I am a 24yo beginner climber from India and the only 5k+ ascents I have done are Cotopaxi (Ecuador), Norte Illiniza (Ecuador) and Pequeño Alpamayo (Bolivia). I have very basic spanish skills but enough to get by. Please send me a message or respond here if you are interested.

Chris Simpson

Re: Climbing Partner Needed: Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl April

by Chris Simpson » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:06 pm

Mon 2/25-14 - Iztaccihuatl was almost completely free of snow. Crampons are needed for the last push. I wore trail runners most of the way. Popo makes for great scenery. Orizaba is visible from here. Have fun!

ajaysomani

Re: Climbing Partner Needed: Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl April

by ajaysomani » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:31 pm

Thanks a lot for the input. I tried to solo Izta and took a Guide in Orizaba, I wasn't able to find a good route on Izta when I was up there (Weekday night, I was the only one on the mountain) so I had to come down but I summitted Orizaba which was great!

Return to Mexico, Central America and Caribbean