Feathered Friends Sleeping Bag

A forum for members looking to buy and sell gear from and to each other.
no avatar
andypad

Feathered Friends Sleeping Bag

by andypad » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:22 am

Long size, not the regular length, weight is 4.2 pounds, see at http://featheredfriends.com/sleeping-ba ... -bags.html. Color is similar to current FF amethyst fabric. Inside length from the foot of the bag: 79 inches (6 foot 7 inches) to where the top of the bag ends (under your chin if laying on back), and 88 inches to the top of the space at the top of your head (7 foot 4 inches). The loft varies from foot to middle to head; 12-inches at chest/head and at foot, and 10-inches in the middle. This bag belonged to my cousin, Jim Klasch, who passed away, so I don't know what model it is (not a climbing accident). I took the bag to the Feathered Friends store in Seattle, they said it is either -10 or -25, that it is like the Ptarmigan or Widgeon, but did not know which one it is. Bag is in very good shape. Asking $350, price of new Ptarmigan is about $700. This is my first post, I tried to add images but don't see them, so please see photos at http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/spo/4284401642.html. Thank you!
Last edited by andypad on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ExcitableBoy

Re: Feathered Friends Sleeping Bag

by ExcitableBoy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:31 pm

FYI, I have a FF Widgeon and it is much lighter and less lofty than what you describe. It weighs 3 lbs 4oz. Of the two models you mentioned, I suspect yours is the warmer Ptarmigan. Good luck selling it. You may want to consider listing it for sale on CascadeClimbers.com or try Second Ascent in Ballard if you don't find a buyer. They buy used climbing gear.

The following user would like to thank ExcitableBoy for this post
andypad

no avatar
MikM

Re: Feathered Friends Sleeping Bag

by MikM » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:27 am

Is this bag still available? I'm interested

Return to Classifieds