Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra

A forum for members looking to buy and sell gear from and to each other.
Deb

Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra

by Deb » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:10 am

If you've spent plenty of time skiing Mammoth Mtn, you might have noticed a crew of orange jackets skiing with disabled folks. I really enjoyed my past winter season with them; became a much better skier, along with earning my Alpine Level 1 certification. But the most fulfilling days were those spent with our disabled clients; teaching them to ski, sometimes with strange adaptive equipment, and giving them a wonderful sense of freedom and accomplishment. Skiing with Wounded Warriors was the highlight for me. And recently, during Operation High Altitude, I was able to enjoy some camping and rock climbing with Wounded Warriors.
This coming 26-28 July, Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra is having a spectacular fund-raising event that encompasses volunteer cyclist riding around the Glass Mtns for 3 days. About 150 miles of up and down some challenging roadways. I need your help. The funds that I raise for The Sierra Cycle Challenge go directly toward supporting students with individualized instruction and adaptive equipment, so they can enjoy the same sports that we all do.
My goal is to raise $1,500 Please help me reach my goal with a tax-deductible donation to Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra. This link to my donation page makes it super easy to do too!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/D ... -challenge

Gratefully,
Deb

Return to Classifieds