Ecuador Volcano climb in June

Find climbing partners in South America.
no avatar
edisant

Ecuador Volcano climb in June

by edisant » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:08 am

Hi all.

I'm going to be in Ecuador this summer and I'd like to climb some volcanos (Cotopaxi and/or Cayembe).

I don't have any technical mountaineering experience, but I've got a good amount of winter backpacking experience. Looking to get a guide, but I'm going alone and it's cheaper with more people. I'd like to do glacier school down there too, but it looks like you need at least two people. Hike ups are fun, but I'd like to be able to do Chimborazo and others that guides say I should have technical experience for.

So. If you're going, want to go, or know someone who's going and might be interested, let me know!

A bit about me:
I'm 23, in very good physical health. I've done some hike ups in the rockies and spent a good deal of time camping in 0 degree conditions. Very easy to get along with. No drama here - I know how people can sometimes be. Located in the Detroit area currently.

no avatar
DavidLy

Re: Ecuador Volcano climb in June

by DavidLy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:25 am

Hi,

Are you still looking for a climbing pattern in June?

I am planning on being in Ecuador from June 3 to June 17 and would also like to hire a guide for a few mountains here (Cayambe, Cotopaxi, Chimborazo, and any other acclimatization hikes). I also have done a lot of winter camping and hiking but never really any true mountaineering.

Please let me know so we can set something up that will be affordable for both of us.

Thanks,

David

no avatar
davidstein

Re: Ecuador Volcano climb in June

by davidstein » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:20 pm

hello,
anyone is looking for a climbing partner in Ecuador?
I´ll go there the next week and want to climb up some high mountains, but I´m alone.
If anyone is interested in climbing up the mountains, please mail me!
It´s a little bit complicated to get the equipment in Ecuador, so it would be the best if you had it...
At the moment it´s necessary to hide a guide for the high peaks...but we´ll see what ist possible and what not when we´re there!
Please, write me: davidstein1992[at]gmail.com
greetings,

David

Return to South America