Why am I losing pictures?

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Josh Lewis

Re: Why am I losing pictures?

by Josh Lewis » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:14 am

For clarification of the following post, here's a photo page, and here is an actual photo.

During the issue a while back the photo pages/actual photos were deleted, but the photo pages were restored. SP does not keep a record of the actual deleted photos, but does keep a record of deleted "photo pages". So if for example you have a photo page with votes/comments/ect but is missing the actual photo, you can replace the missing image on the photo page via the edit page link followed by the browse button and then submitting it. 8)

Steven Cross

by Steven Cross » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:59 pm

Not as big of an issue as loosing photos, but I'm pretty sure I lost some summit logs. There are a few I'm pretty sure I signed and they are gone.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:19 am

Also a known issue. The good news is that changes were made to the site which should theoretically prevent this in the future. If you see newer logs disappear, then we know we still have issues.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:21 am

I'm guessing you use an iPhone? Unfortunately I'm anti-apple, hence I don't own anything related to them which makes it nearly impossible to identify this. I'd download Safari for PC, however the program is going to render things differently which would not make for a good testing subject. I inspected each DOM element and found no grey bar styling being applied which means it is potentially an issue on Safari's end. However SP should have a different construction for it's layout. :wink:

As for the photos, it's a loading error. On a PC they load just fine. If you look at your profile again I'm guessing those thumbnails would actually load.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:23 am

Puma concolor wrote:Don't have a compatability problem with Safari and my iPad on any other sites.

I don't doubt that. What I'm saying is that the browser choice may affect the problem. Sometimes it's an issue with the site to the browser, and other times it's the other way around. Not too long ago I had to specifically code workarounds for Internet Explorer due to it not properly rendering things while keeping the rest of the code as it is.

Puma concolor wrote:And if you look closely at my image, you will see that three thumbnail images are double loaded.

I believe that is a minus sign, but I suppose you could be on to something there.

Puma concolor wrote:I think the problem is on your end.

In terms of membership powers, the only difference between you and I is that I can feature/delete/edit things. That's pretty much the gist of my elf powers. :wink: I just happen to know a lot of stuff which helps influence others to make the appropriate changes.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:45 am

Wait until you get 59 .... you'll be taking pills to find out which ones were lost ..... :wink:
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

Previous

Return to Site Feedback