Mt. Olympus Climbing partner for March 11-14th

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
griftgilbert

Mt. Olympus Climbing partner for March 11-14th

by griftgilbert » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Hey everyone.
I've been planning a trip to try and do a later winter ascent of Mt. Olympus for March 11th-14th, and have had all of my friends/partners bail on me. As I'd still be super stoked to try and make this happen, is there anyone out there that would be willing to join me to try summit with me this weekend? I have all mountaineering, and ice climbing gear (if summit as rime ice), snowshoes, avy gear and everything that's needed, except a partner to try and tackle it with. I know the trekk in is going to be a bit of a doozy this time of year, but that's what makes an adventure!

Details:
I'll be driving to the Peninsula the evening of March 10th, from Montana, and getting to the TH late that night. Waking up the next morning with all gear packed, I'd like to hit the trail and get to the Glacier Meadows basecamp by evening. We would then have two days to try and attempt the summit from camp, an another day to hike back to the car.
I have a fair amount of Mountaineering experience from many peaks around here in Montana. I'm still new to ice climbing, but know good techniques and am very comfortable lead climbing. I also have my avy 1 cert from backcountry skiing, so I have a reasonable idea of snow conditions since it will still be winter.

Hit me up if you're interested!
-Griffen

ExcitableBoy

Re: Mt. Olympus Climbing partner for March 11-14th

by ExcitableBoy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:31 pm

What on earth is possessing you to want to climb Mt. Olympus in winter? Of all the places you could go; ice climbing in Hyalite Canyon, Cody, Wyoming, Canadian Rockies, Ouray Colorado and you want to make the worlds longest and wettest hike in winter?

griftgilbert

by griftgilbert » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:43 am

Haha, sometimes things just call you to. Gotta get your epic adventures in somehow :lol:

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:27 pm

Fair enough. Bring a dry pair of socks. Fair warning, this winter has been particularly wet.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:00 am

How did it go?

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)