Power in Huaraz?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
Andinistaloco

Power in Huaraz?

by Andinistaloco » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:07 am

Hey, I know some of you folks have been - simple question. I unfortunately have one of those cameras that runs off a rechargeable battery which has to be plugged in occasionally. It's set up for the regular US-type wall outlet of course. My memory is that Peru has something different - is this correct? And if so, is there some kind of power adapter that'd work?

albanberg

Re: Power in Huaraz?

by albanberg » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi,

The places we have stayed at had outlets that were similar to US type outlets, but I think their voltage is 240. So you just need to make sure your adapters will run on both 120/240 and then it will work. We charged several different electronic items there with no problem.

I'm not sure if these outlets are everywhere is Huaraz, but the places we stayed in were not new.

Have fun!

The following user would like to thank albanberg for this post
Andinistaloco

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:48 pm

As I recall, the outlets in Huaraz are of a configuration that they will take either US or European style plugs. Most all of the buildings were built after the 1970 earthquake, so that probably helps standardize things. The current is 240V and, I think, 50Hz. Most of the new chargers will take anything from 100 to 250 Volts and either 60 or 50 Hertz, so you probably don't need any kind of adapter.

The following user would like to thank Buz Groshong for this post
Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco

by Andinistaloco » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:40 am

Appreciate it, guys.

Return to South America