Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Matt Miller
Site Admin

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Matt Miller » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Scott wrote:Yes, but I still have to use the old one on pages with caption-less photos. Otherwise the dark bar at the bottom displays on them.

We can put in a fix for that. Can you send me a link to a page that has dark bars without any captions on the images?

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:20 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Scott wrote:Yes, but I still have to use the old one on pages with caption-less photos. Otherwise the dark bar at the bottom displays on them.

We can put in a fix for that. Can you send me a link to a page that has dark bars without any captions on the images?

I think I found one here:
https://www.summitpost.org/scott-s-wish ... ons/823847

We're working on a fix for this.

Lodewijk

by Lodewijk » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:11 am

I was just posting a photo to SP and something strange happened:
I cannot type some letters into the caption field. For example the "k" and "m" did not work. When I tried to type them elsewhere (a word document) the typing did work. I use google chrome btw.
Can this be fixed and do other members experience the same?
Thanks.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:16 pm

Lodewijk wrote:I was just posting a photo to SP and something strange happened:
I cannot type some letters into the caption field. For example the "k" and "m" did not work. When I tried to type them elsewhere (a word document) the typing did work. I use google chrome btw.

That's really strange. I've not encountered that and can't replicate it.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Gangolf Haub
Forum Moderator

by Gangolf Haub » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Gangolf Haub wrote:One thing I realized the other day: In the picture search I wasn't able to find one of my profile pictures. The checkbox "in my pictures only" has gone missing.

I managed to get what I wanted from the attachment dialog for a signature pic of a page. So the functionality is still there ...

Can you show me which interface you're referring to on this one? That functionality is fairly easy to include, but I don't recall it being in the main search form. I can only recall it showing when choosing images to insert in pages and it is already there.

Well, you may be right that the feature wasn't on the main search form. However, from the user profile page you could click on "see all of my images" and then search there. I'm not even sure there was a checkbox for the own pictures but the search ran across the previous selection (in this case "all my images"). Now I'm directed to the main search form, where I can only search for pictures of all users.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Lodewijk wrote:I was just posting a photo to SP and something strange happened:

That's really strange. I've not encountered that and can't replicate it.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Yes, but I don't remember what letters. It happens with word spaces and paragraph spaces too. It might be a speed issue. It doesn't seem that SP can keep up with typing at times, so letters and spaces sometimes come up missing.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Scott wrote:It might be a speed issue. It doesn't seem that SP can keep up with typing at times, so letters and spaces sometimes come up missing.

When you're typing, SP isn't doing anything. Your web browser is capturing your key strokes, executing any javascript code that might be running for the editor (which runs client-side, not server-side, so it is processed on your device) and then putting the result of those keystrokes into the text area. It could be that if the page has a lot of content, the editor takes a bit of time to process the key strokes in captions (which require a lot of javascript execution). Or there could be an error in the javascript that causes certain key strokes not to display in certain circumstances.

If someone sees it again and can make it repeat, please post a link to the page and I'll check for a fix.

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
Lodewijk

Lodewijk

by Lodewijk » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:55 am

Montana Matt wrote:
Scott wrote:It might be a speed issue. It doesn't seem that SP can keep up with typing at times, so letters and spaces sometimes come up missing.

When you're typing, SP isn't doing anything. Your web browser is capturing your key strokes, executing any javascript code that might be running for the editor (which runs client-side, not server-side, so it is processed on your device) and then putting the result of those keystrokes into the text area. It could be that if the page has a lot of content, the editor takes a bit of time to process the key strokes in captions (which require a lot of javascript execution). Or there could be an error in the javascript that causes certain key strokes not to display in certain circumstances.

If someone sees it again and can make it repeat, please post a link to the page and I'll check for a fix.

I tried again today and edited the caption from the same photo I was experiencing the problem with. Now the typing wnt without any problems (the k, m etc all worked)
If I do experience this again I will post a link here.

The following user would like to thank Lodewijk for this post
Matt Miller

Silvia Mazzani
Forum Moderator

by Silvia Mazzani » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:07 pm

It's more difficult now to members creating a new mountain/route page to select the "Primary Image ID" to put in the right upper angle, because the button "Find image" is not active.
You must search for the number of the image you want and type it.

The following user would like to thank Silvia Mazzani for this post
Matt Miller

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Silvia Mazzani wrote:It's more difficult now to members creating a new mountain/route page to select the "Primary Image ID" to put in the right upper angle, because the button "Find image" is not active.
You must search for the number of the image you want and type it.

I just tested and the "Find Image" button is active, but the styling isn't quite right on it. I'll work on getting the styling fixed.

But the Find Image button seems to function fine for me to select the "Primary Image ID".

ZeeJay
Forum Moderator

by ZeeJay » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:45 pm

When adding an image, I can't seem to write over the lat/long fields. I knew exactly what lat/long should be, but had to tediously zoom in to get close to the right values. I didn't have trouble with this yesterday?? So I wonder if I accidentally did something to make this so or if it broke?

Also, when zooming in/out and panning, the red bubble showing where you are disappears regularly, but shows back up for an instant while you are moving. Again, I don't remember this happening yesterday but may not have looked at it enough to know.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:55 pm

ZeeJay wrote:When adding an image, I can't seem to write over the lat/long fields. I knew exactly what lat/long should be, but had to tediously zoom in to get close to the right values. I didn't have trouble with this yesterday??

Weird, I can replicated that issue. I'm not sure what the cause is, but I'll investigate.

ZeeJay wrote:Also, when zooming in/out and panning, the red bubble showing where you are disappears regularly, but shows back up for an instant while you are moving. Again, I don't remember this happening yesterday but may not have looked at it enough to know.

OK, that's super annoying for sure! It's possible that something changed with the javascript (we're adding new features soon) that's causing this issue. I'll check it out.

Thanks for reporting!

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
ZeeJay

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:23 pm

I think the lat/lon issue is resolved. Can you verify ZeeJay?

You might need to do "Ctrl + F5" to get the most recent version of javascript.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Here's a weird glitch, but it is relatively minor.

When cutting and pasting from word to SP, the space between a word and a "(" is eliminated. For example "Mount Elbert (Colorado)" will past into SP as "Mount Elbert(Colorado).

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
Matt Miller

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Scott wrote:Here's a weird glitch, but it is relatively minor.

When cutting and pasting from word to SP, the space between a word and a "(" is eliminated. For example "Mount Elbert (Colorado)" will past into SP as "Mount Elbert(Colorado).

That is a weird glitch. I'll report that one to the creators of the editor we're using and see if they can put in a fix.

EDIT: Actually it appears that there have been several new versions of the editor released since I last updated the software. I'll update today and see if that fixes the issue. If not, then I'll report this bug.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback